What is SearchPlusNetwork.com?
SearchPlusNetwork.com may look like a legitimate search engine, which uses Google-like appearance in order to look more trustworthy. No matter that it may seem to be a reliable search page, it belongs to the category of browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs. Once such program infiltrates the system, it can easily alter its settings and then start redirecting its victim to questionable and very suspicious websites. Typically, these sites are either trying to increase their page rank or earn some money through pay-per-click scheme and other ways.
According to victims, searchplusnetwork.com virus may infiltrate the system without any permission asked because it has been actively spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware. Once it infiltrates its target PC system, it typically alters the start page, the default search engine and other settings. After doing so, it can easily disable each of your favorite search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing and others, and start showing its own search results. Besides, after infecting all of your browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer or any other browser, this suspicious search engine may start tracking you and may collect such data as your mostly visited websites, data that you enter when visiting them, your PC's IP address, location, email address and so on.
Please, keep in mind that SearchPlusNetwork.com is not a reliable search engine that can be used for browsing on the Internet. If you have already found this page instead your homepage or the default search engine, you should ignore each of its pop-up notifications. In addition, make sure that you avoid its search results because they may trick you into visiting questionable websites. In this case, we recommend you to scan your PC with legitimate anti-malware or anti-virus program and check what's inside it. For that you can use: Reimage (compatible with Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (compatible with Windows and Mac OS X).
HOW CAN SearchPlusNetwork.com hijack my computer?
searchplusnetwork.com is distributed by freeware, shareware, etc. That's why you should be really careful when downloading freeware to the system. We highly recommend you to select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware because that's how you will get ability to see it and to disable it. Of course, visiting suspiciously-looking websites and clicking on annoying pop-up ads can also be quite dangerous for your computer's security. If Search Plus Network hijacker gets inside, it may alter your PC's settings and may start causing its redirections to either searchplusnetwork.com or other pages that have nothing to do with your search query. The purpose of doing that is really simple - it earns the money by promoting predetermined websites. That's why you should avoid its commercial advertisements and stop visiting searchplusnetwork.com.
HOW CAN YOU REMOVE SearchPlusNetwork.com virus?
SearchPlusNetwork.com removal is not a complicated thing. You can select either manual removal of this program or automatic removal option. If you want to select this option, you should scan your computer with legitimate anti-spyware program and remove suspicious files that belong to this PUP.
You can remove SearchPlusNetwork.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Safari
Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for SearchPlusNetwork.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for SearchPlusNetwork.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for SearchPlusNetwork.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete SearchPlusNetwork.com removal.
Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select SearchPlusNetwork.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete SearchPlusNetwork.com removal.
Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select SearchPlusNetwork.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete SearchPlusNetwork.com removal.
Remove SearchPlusNetwork.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for SearchPlusNetwork.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by SearchPlusNetwork.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete SearchPlusNetwork.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on SearchPlusNetwork.com virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.