See Similar is a potentially unwanted application (PUP), which should be installed on computer only if you are not against annoying ads, redirects to sponsored sites and similar activities. Besides, we think that we should warn you about bundling, which had been used for spreading this PUP around. If you have just discovered this program on your machine, please, read the following information:
What is SeeSimilar?
See Similar claims to be a shopping helper that can be installed on the system together with other software. No matter that it informs you that it is capable of helping you to improve your browsing experience, we have to warn you about unwanted activities that are usually caused by this program. People who have used it for finding deals report about continuous redirections to shopping websites when visiting Amazon, Walmart, and similar sites. From the first glance, it may look like See Similar adware is trying to show you those sites that are filled with great deals and are selling items for less. However, we haven't found a person who saved a dollar with the help of this program. Besides, it can also make you visit totally misleading websites that seek only to increase the number of their visitors. Finally, for getting more knowledge about its clients, See Similar may hijack all of your web browsers and may collect their search terms, mostly visited sites and information, which is added there.
How people download See Similar to their computers?
See Similar can be downloaded from those sites that promote it and present it as a useful shopping helper. However, it can also get inside the system in a bundle with other programs. In most of the cases, this free app is spread as an optional component of download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software and similar programs. However, it has also been reported about some other adware-type programs that have also been included in its distribution. Some of these programs are: Genius Box, WebCake, Superfish, SpecialSavings and other applications. If you want to protect yourself from See Similar ads, you should always select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. This will help you to get the ability to uncheck pre-checked check marks that allow installation of this and other add-ons, toolbars and extensions.
How to remove See Similar?
If you haven't downloaded this program consciously, we recommend removing See Similar virus from your computer. You should do the same if you are bored by its continuous pop-up ads and notifications. When trying to do that, you should know that you have two different options. You can opt for manual removal steps and follow them to get rid of See Similar. In this case, you should also get rid of these programs: Genius Box, WebCake, Superfish, SpecialSavings, Online HD TV Toolbar: Online HD TV, PutLockerDownload, TornTV, Yontoo, 1ClickDown, 1ClickDownloader, FB Photo Zoom, GoPhoto.it, HDvid Codec, IB Updater, Incredibar Toolbar, OneClickDownload, OneClickDownloader. In addition, you can opt for automatic removal option and get rid of this adware and related components with the help of these programs:
You can remove See Similar automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual See Similar Removal GuideQuick menu:
Step 1: Uninstall See Similar and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove See Similar from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove See Similar from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for See Similar or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove See Similar from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for See Similar or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall See Similar from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove See Similar from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for See Similar and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete See Similar removal.
Remove See Similar from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select See Similar and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete See Similar removal.
Remove See Similar from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select See Similar and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete See Similar removal.
Remove See Similar from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for See Similar or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete See Similar removal process.
Step 3: Complete See Similar removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of See Similar registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of See Similar
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.