Serious Organised Crime Agency virus (can also be found as SOCA virus) is a dangerous ransomware, which seeks to fool PC users and make them pay an invented fine. If you see its alert on your computer’s desktop, you should ignore it and never follow the steps that are given there. No matter that it uses a well known name that belongs to UK police and looks really trustworthy, you should only pay attention to the spelling of this notification and try to find several mistakes there. For trying to swindle the money from its victims, Serious Organised Crime Agency virus (or Serios Organised Agency as it presents itself) reports about violating various crimes. Besides, it blocks down the entire PC’s system and claims that only after victim pays the fine, the agency will unblock the computer. However, you should never believe that because that hasn’t been happening till now. If you want to unblock your machine and start using it as always, you have to remove Serious Organised Crime Agency virus from the system.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Serious Organised Crime Agency virus?
Serious Organised Crime Agency virus or SOCA virus is spread with a help of Trojan horse. This Trojan has already been used for promoting many similar ransomwares, such as FBI virus, Metropolitan Police virus and others. As soon as it gets inside the machine, it blocks it down and replaces the desktop with the fake notification of Serious Organised Crime Agency virus. Basically, it can be said that this virus takes the machine a hostage and promises that it will leave it after receiving a payment of 100 pounds. However, you should stay away from this offer because scammers won’t unblock your PC after receiving the ‘fine’. We highly recommend staying away from this dangerous virus and removing its files from the system. If you are blocked, follow this Serious Organised Crime Agency virus removal guide and fix your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE Serious Organised Crime Agency virus?
If you are blocked and you need to remove Serious Organised Crime Agency virus, you are recommended to follow the steps that are listed below. Before that, check whether you can you reboot your machine to safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or PlumbytesWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Serious Organised Crime Agency virus and repeat a scan.
* Users infected with ransomware viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Serious Organised Crime Agency virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable Ukash virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files. You can also choose from these programs: PlumbytesWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus and Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
Serious Organised Crime Agency virus manual removal
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Serious Organised Crime Agency virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.