Smart Address Bar is a potentially unwanted program, which may change computer's settings and then start interrupting your search sessions by showing unfair search results. While we can't claim that this program is malicious, and it hasn't been related with any kind of virus, the main thing we don't like about Smart Address Bar is that it modifies all browsers that are installed on the system without any permission asked. As a result, user is made to forget about Google, Yahoo or Bing search engines because every time a browser is opened, it redirects victim to search.smartaddressbar.com or smartaddressbar.com. Besides, not only it doesn't work properly, it may also seem that you can't remove this program from the system with the help of technicians.
HOW CAN I GET Smart Address Bar ON MY PC?
Smart Address Bar can be installed from the Internet for free. However, some PC users have reported that they downloaded this program accidentally, together with other applications. Remember that this is a popular way of promoting adware without any permission asked. In order to avoid such infiltration, you should carefully check every installation window of the software and then uncheck all the items that you don't want or need. As soon as installed, Smart Address Bar replaces the default search engine and the homepage settings and starts showing search.smartaddressbar.com instead. If you haven't installed Smart Address Bar or you find it useless, you should remove Smart Address Bar from the system. Besides, we do not recommend relying on its search results because they may be unfair.
HOW TO REMOVE Smart Address Bar?
First of all, uninstall Smart Address Bar from Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 'Smart Address Bar' and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Now remove Smart Address Bar from each of the browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Smart Address Bar.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Smart Address Bar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
Finally, don't forget running a full system scan with updated anti-spyware to make sure that your PC is free of viruses or potentially unwanted programs. We recommend using Reimage.