Smartaddressbar.com (can also be found as search.smartaddressbar.com) is a search site, which is promoted using unfair distribution methods, including Smart Address Bar application. Some experts claim that it can also be called as a browser hijacker because it makes the changes in computer's settings and additionally redirects people to this site mentioned at the beginning of the post. Please, do NOT ignore redirections on your browser because you may be rerouted to malicious site that promotes malware. While Smartaddressbar.com has nothing to do with it, you can't be sure that site hasn't been compromised by cyber criminals without the knowledge of its owners. If you have found Smartaddressbar.com instead of your homepage or search engine out of nowhere, you should check your PC for the browser hijacker and remove it for good.
WHY AM I REDIRECTED TO Smartaddressbar.com?
Smartaddressbar.com starts appearing on your browsers and interrupts your search sessions when PC gets infected with the browser hijacker. Typically, such potentially unwanted applications are promoted without any permission asked and they act the same when they need to make some of computer's changes. Typically, they alter computer's settings (homepage settings and the default search engine) and make certain pages to start appearing every time you start your search sessions. There are many thoughts why these sites are promoted. Some people claim they record your browsing habits and sell this information for marketing companies, other ones believe that they return altered search results that are usually the paid ones. We can say that both sides are right and you shouldn't ignore these changes on your PC. Please, remove Smartaddressbar.com if you don't find it useful.
HOW TO REMOVE Smartaddressbar.com from browsers?
First of all, we recommend uninstalling Smart Address Bar from Add/Remove Programs list:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for 'Smart Address Bar' and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Additionally, fix your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Smart Address Bar.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Smart Address Bar and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
Finally, we recommend scanning the machine with updated version of Reimage to make sure that your PC is free of viruses.
Smartaddressbar.com manual removal: