Softstan.com ads may flood your screen and redirect you to this download website. In fact, if you visit this website directly, you will clearly see that it is yet another website that offers hundreds of free programs. Unfortunately, we have managed to find that many of these free programs may be bundled with unwanted attachments, such as adwares, potentially unwanted programs and other useless applications. It looks like that Softstan.com may act as an advertising platform and transmit various advertisements to targeted internet users. Although this website has many legitimate programs to choose from, it may use download managers and installation wizards in order to transmit ad-supported applications.
How can Softstan.com hijack my computer?
Now you know more information about Softstan.com. You should also know how this unwanted intruder may enter your computer. Usually, Softstan.com ads may appear right after you install a doubtful free application. If you click these ads, you will probably be redirected to Softstan.com website or some other questionable website. Therefore, you should be more careful and avoid downloading free programs from questionable sources. You should also closely monitor every doubtful installation. For that, select advanced installation option, follow the entire process, look for suspicious attachments and unmark them. By the way, you should also read end-user license agreement (EULA) section in order to find more information about your desired program.
How to stop Softstan.com pop-up ads from appearing?
First of all, if you want to download something from Softstan.com, you should closely check every single step of the installation. If you fail to do so, you may install an unwanted program and suffer from annoying advertisements. Follow these simple steps and stop Softstan.com ads if they are bothering you:
You can remove Softstan.com pop-up automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Safari
Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Softstan.com pop-up or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Softstan.com pop-up or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Softstan.com pop-up and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Softstan.com pop-up removal.
Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Softstan.com pop-up and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Softstan.com pop-up removal.
Remove Softstan.com pop-up from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Softstan.com pop-up and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Softstan.com pop-up removal.
Remove Softstan.com pop-up from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Softstan.com pop-up or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Softstan.com pop-up removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on Softstan.com pop-up ads
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.