Spy Alert is an adware, which is presented as a tool capable to find cookies on websites. While it may seem like a useful application, in most of the cases this program comes on the system without asking user's permission and tracks browsing activity of the user. Besides, it makes some potentially unwanted changes on the system that result in annoying pop-up advertisements and browser's redirections. Don't think that changing the browser will help you to avoid unwanted activity of SpyAlerts. This programs drops its own extension on all web browsers that are installed on the PC. If you want to stop this application for good, you should remove it from the system.
HOW CAN I GET SPY ALERT ON MY COMPUTER?
Spy Alert is created by Long Mile Solutions LLC and is promoted via company's website. However, it can also infiltrate the machine in a bundle with other prorams. Typically, it comes inside with a help of freeware, which is usually packed with such potentially unwanted applications. When trying to prevent its infiltration, you should stop using freeware/shareware or download it only after unchecking unknown entries that are displayed in the components list. As soon as Spy Alert reaches its target PC system, it leaves its own extension on all Internet browsers that let it track users and their browsing habits. With the help of such program, third parties can get information about your IP address, operating system, browser and similar facts that are private. Besides, Spy Alert starts showing its annoying pop-up advertisements that are filled with unknown links. Once again, we don't recommend leaving Spy Alert if you haven't downloaded manually..
HOW TO REMOVE SPY ALERT?
If you want to get rid of Spy Alert and its continuous pop-up ads, you should follow these steps:
First of all, remove program's entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Spy Alert and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
In addition, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Spy Alert and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Spy Alert and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
Finally, if you hhaven't installed Spy Alert manually, you should also scan your PC with SpyHunter and remove malicious files from the system.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use