What is Start.qone8.com?
Start.qone8.com is a misleading search engine, which is very similar to qone8.com and other questionable sites that are supposed to improve people's browsing activity. Please, do NOT fall for this statement because we can't guarantee that you will receive trustworthy search results while browsing on the Internet. That's why we have used a term 'misleading' when presenting this search engine to you. Besides, you should also keep in mind that Start.qone8.com may not only work as a tool that helps its developers to promote affiliate parties. This program may also start tracking your browsing on the web and may collect such data as your mostly visited websites and data that you enter when visiting them. Such information is considered as personally non-identifiable but you should be very careful because you can never know what is capable of using it.
Because it has been actively used for affiliate marketing and some other activities, Start.qone8.com has been included to browser hijacker category. Beware that it may infiltrate your computer without your approval and then may start showing you altered search results that are mostly filled with commercial content and links that may try to lead you to related websites. Pay attention to this because you can never know what websites it may try to redirect you to. In addition, Start.qone8.com may start showing you various pop-up ads and may even track your browsing. That's why we highly recommend you to avoid this search engine and use only the reputable ones, such as google or yahoo. If it has already appeared on your computer without your approval, you should use a guide below and get rid of it. The easiest method for eliminating this hijacker is by running a full system scan with SpyHunter or other reputable anti-spyware.
HOW CAN START.QONE8.COM hijack MY COMPUTER?
Start.qone8.com and other suspicious search engines are actively spread around with a help of bundling. That's why they may show up on your computer after downloading freeware and shareware. Of course, there is no permission asked when these programs decide to install additional software on your computer. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should remember that you should always choose a Custom or Advanced installation method when installing freeware on your computer. There, you should find a check mark, which agrees to download Start.qone8.com or allows to set it as start page or default search engine. To get rid of this search engine, you should follow a guide given below. Otherwise, you may notice problems related to computer's safety and stability. Besides, this search engine may be set to record your browsing habits what may cause identity theft and similar issues.
HOW TO REMOVE START.QONE8.COM virus?
If you were tricked into downloading Start.qone8.com on your computer, you can fix your computer by using these removal steps. You can choose between manual and automatic removal of this program. However, manual removal is much complicated than automatic removal method. That's why you should be very careful when performing each of its steps:
You can remove Start.qone8.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Start.qone8.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Start.qone8.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Start.qone8.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Start.qone8.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Start.qone8.com from Safari
Remove Start.qone8.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Start.qone8.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Start.qone8.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Start.qone8.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Start.qone8.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Start.qone8.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Start.qone8.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Start.qone8.com removal.
Remove Start.qone8.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Start.qone8.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Start.qone8.com removal.
Remove Start.qone8.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Start.qone8.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Start.qone8.com removal.
Remove Start.qone8.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Start.qone8.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Start.qone8.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Start.qone8.com removal process.
Complete Start.qone8.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Start.qone8.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Start.qone8.com
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Start.qone8.com
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.