Suomen Poliisi virus is a ransomware, which seeks to swindle the money from PC users. In fact, it's really similar to Poliisi virus, which has been included to our data base some months ago. Be aware that it is a really dangerous threat that belongs to the updated group of Ukash viruses. It starts its activity by blocking the entire system and then displays a fake alert that seems to belong to police. This message reports about various illegal cyber activities and displays a long list of crimes that are said to be the reason why computer is locked down. However, reputable governmental organizations have never been using such primitive methods when trying to punish cyber criminals. This is a clear scam, so you should ignore this fake alert and remove Suomen Poliisi virus from the system.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Suomen Poliisi virus?
Suomen Poliisi virus is spread by trojans that can be downloaded accidentally. Mostly, ransomwares use fake software updates, non-registered programs, spam and similar methods for spreading. Of course, this virus attacks users that live in Finland, so be aware about that. Once inside, virus locks its victim's computer and displays such message:
Tietokonenne on tehty vaarattomaksi vähintään yhdestä alla mainituista syistä.
Te olette katsoneet tai levittäneet kiellettyjä pornosisällyksiä (Lapsiporno/Zoofilia). Sillä lailla te olette rikkoneet Suomessa rikoslain lakipykälää 202. Lakipykälä 202 edellyttää vapausrangaistusta 4-12 vuotta.
Sakot on mahdollista maksaa vain 72 tuntien kuluessa rikoksen jälkeen. 72 tuntien kuluttua sakon maksun mahdollisuus päättyy ja rikosasia aloitetaan automaattisesti seuraavien 72 tunnissa!
Sakon määraä on €100. Te voitte maksaa laskun PaySafeCard/Ukash.
As you can see, this message also claims that you have to pay the fine in order to unblock the system. However, that's just a tool used to swindle 100 euros, so you can safely ignore Suomen Poliisi virus. However, we do not recommend leaving this scam on your PC because it may download more viruses.
HOW CAN I REMOVE Suomen Poliisi virus?
When trying to remove Suomen Poliisi virus, you may find that your are blocked. In fact, that's normal for ransomware viruses. Sometimes, users can overcome that by setting their computer's date back, before the virus. However, if this option is useless for you, your should use one of these methods:
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with Suomen Poliisi virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with these ransomware threats are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Suomen Poliisi virus removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter to remove remaining files.
Suomen Poliisi virus manual removal
Geolocation of Suomen Poliisi virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.