What is Sup-SW?
Sup-SW (also can be found as Sup-SW 0.22) is just another questionable program with dubious name that claims to enhance user's browsing experience in various ways. If you have noticed an offer to install it along with free software that you were about to install, please do not accept it because it has been already labeled as an adware which floods web browsers with annoying advertisements and seek to promote sponsored websites. Sup-SW ads may vary from in-text to video advertisements, so your web browsing may be seriously disrupted. In addition to that, this dubious adware may try to collect information related to your browsing habits, for example websites visited, search queries typed, data entered and so on. Even though you may not consider such activity as unfair, be aware that this way Sup-SW virus may try to trick you into clicking on its ads and visiting unsafe websites. To be more precise, this suspicious adware uses non-personal information related to you for affiliate marketing and may flood you with 'Ads by Sup-SW' that correspond to your recent searches and attract your attentions. But be aware that you have to avoid clicking on those ads because most of them are set to redirect users to predetermined websites. Having in mind that no one monitors what third parties include their links and what do they try promote, Sup-SW redirects are considered to pose harm to your computer's security as you may be redirected to unsafe websites that may be used for spreading suspicious programs or, if you would decide to buy something there, you may even get scammed. To avoid this happening, remove this adware as soon as possible. For that, try using Reimage.
How can Sup-SW hijack my computer?
If you would try to look for Sup-SW installer on the Internet, probably you won't manage to find it. Thus, having in mind that this program is actively spreading among Internet users these days, it may be assumed that it relies on misleading bundling distribution method. That's why security experts have agreed upon labeling it a potentially unwanted program. To prevent installation of such and similar programs, you have to be careful when installing free software. Since developers get paid for allowing to integrate various thir party add-ons, plug-ins, toolbars or extensions into their programs, most of the free applications travel with additional components. Therefore, be very careful and select Advanced or Custom installation and deselect check boxes that offer to install aforementioned additional tools because usually they appear to be adware or browser hijackers that later on causes various inconveniences. If you have already noticed 'Ads by Sup-SW' on each of your web browser, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer, rush to get rid of them before other issues, such as system slow downs and redirects, appear.
How to remove Sup-SW virus?
Sup-SW redirects may reroute you to unsafe websites and trick into installing suspicious programs. That's because we highly recommend removing it as soon as possible. You can do it either manually or automatically; however, having in mind that such and similar programs often have registry entries, it is advisable to run a full system scan and remove this potentially unwanted program fully.
You can remove Sup-SW automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Sup-SW adware Removal Guide:
Remove Sup-SW from Windows systems
Uninstall Sup-SW and related programs
Here, look for Sup-SW or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Sup-SW from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Sup-SW or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove Sup-SW from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Sup-SW and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Sup-SW removal.
Remove Sup-SW adware from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, Sup-SW should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Sup-SW from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Sup-SW and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Sup-SW removal.
Remove Sup-SW from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Sup-SW and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Sup-SW removal.
Remove Sup-SW from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Sup-SW or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Sup-SW removal process.