What is Surf and Keep?
Surf and Keep is one of these programs that may appear on your computer without downloading them and then may start displaying continuous pop-up advertisements during your browsing on the Internet. In most of the cases, this program interrupts PC users when they enter such commercial websites as eBay, Amazon and Walmart. However, it may also start interrupting them when they are visiting Facebook and similar websites that are important to them. This can easily decrease their browsing experience and initiate various problems for them. Typically, Surf and Keep shows up on the system in a form of browser add-on, which is compatible with each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers. After affecting each of them, this program may start showing such ads as price comparisons, notifications about discounts and coupons, information about various contests and so on. No matter that this entire process may look useful for you, you must keep in mind that Surf and Keep ads may trick you into visiting unknown, unsafe and suspicious websites. That's because this program is mostly used to promote related websites that are seeking to increase their page rank, sales or similar things. Besides, the frequency of its alerts sometimes makes us think that it seeks only to push people into visiting unknown websites sites against their will. If you have been seeing Surf and Keep Ads and you think that you would like to get rid of them because they are decreasing your browsing experience, you should check your computer for this program. The easiest method to do that is by running a full system scan with one of the se programs: SpyHunter (compatible with Windows OS) and Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (compatible with Mac OS X).
HOW CAN Surf and Keep hijack MY COMPUTER?
Just like OffersWizard, Coup App, Scorpion Saver and many other ad-supported programs, Surf and Keep may easily infiltrate computers in a bundle with freeware and shareware. This process can hardly be noticed, unless you pay an appropriate amount of your attention to the installation process of the freeware. Fortunatelly, you can prevent Surf and Keep's infiltration by eliminating the check mark, which agrees to install this program on the system. For getting such ability, you should select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware. Otherwise, this program may affect all of your Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome, and then may start showing you its commercial notifications. If you have been seeing 'Ads by Surf and Keep' for a while, it means that this program has infiltrated your computer. In this case, we recommend following this guide and eliminating it from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Surf and Keep virus?
If you want to get rid of Surf and Keep ads, start its removal with the full system scan with one of these programs that are given below or follow this manual removal guide that should also help you to remove this program completely:
You can remove Surf and Keep automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Surf and Keep Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Surf and Keep and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Surf and Keep from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Surf and Keep from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Surf and Keep or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Surf and Keep from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Surf and Keep or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Surf and Keep from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove Surf and Keep from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Surf and Keep and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Surf and Keep removal.
Remove Surf and Keep from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Surf and Keep and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Surf and Keep removal.
Remove Surf and Keep from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Surf and Keep and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Surf and Keep removal.
Remove Surf and Keep from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Surf and Keep or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Surf and Keep removal process.
Step 3: Complete Surf and Keep removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Surf and Keep registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Surf and Keep
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.