Surf Canyon is a misleading search engine, which, instead of helping people make their searching more productive, displays unfair search results, initiates browser's redirections and causes other problems. As soon as this program enters computer, it affects all Internet browsers that are installed on the system: it may alter start page, change your default search engine and initiate other changes. After that, you may notice search.surfcanyon.com search engine on your computer. Besides, you may also notice "Surf Canyon Recommended", “Fast Search by Surf Canyon, Inc.” and similar notifications. No matter that this search engine looks trustworthy, we don't recommend trusting its search results because in most of the cases they promote related websites that pay for its developers. If you noticed that your favorite browser was affected by Surf Canyon, you should check your PC with updated anti-spyware without any delay.
HOW CAN SURF CANYON INFILTRATE MY COMPUTER?
Surf Canyon is mostly distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. As a rule, it comes together with another adware, which is called Fast Search. You can avoid these programs by paying more attention to installation process of the freeware and unchecking the check box that agrees to download Surf Canyon or Fast Search on the system. Beware that there are hundreds of other potentially unwanted applications that are spread using the same method, which is mostly called as 'bundling'. If you missed this check mark and allowed Surf Canyon's installation, you should never make peace with it because soon you may notice annoying redirections on your computer and other problems. In order to avoid them, we recommend eliminating Surf Canyon and Fast Search from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Surf Canyon?
If your browser redirects you to search.surfcanyon.com, you should check your PC for Suft Canyon. First of all, scan your machine with one of these programs: STOPzilla, SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
Once you finish a scan and remove malicious files, follow these steps:
- Remove Surf Canyon from Add/Remove Programs. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Fast Search, Surf Canyon and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Fast Search, Surf Canyon and any other unknown extension.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Fast Search, Surf Canyon and other entries that are unknown for you, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Fast Search, Surf Canyon and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Manage search engines' and change your default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use