However, sometimes SurfControl can do more harm than good. When improperly configured, the application may restrict access to secure legitimate web sites, computer game resources, e-mail services, information portals and other popular Internet resources.
Unfortunately, it is very difficult to bypass SurfControl. The program usually runs on a remote server that manages numerous clients - user computers. The user doesn't have any utilities to disable SurfControl. The application can be uninstalled only by the system administrator who has sufficient privileges to access and manage the server. Nevertheless, there are few known ways to bypass SurfControl:
1. use IP addresses instead of host names in order to access restricted web sites;
2. connect to the Internet through a proxy server;
3. try specifying addresses without the www, ftp or other common prefixes;
4. install an application made especially to bypass SurfControl. SurfControl properties:
• Hides from the user
• Stays resident in background
Geolocation of SurfControl
Comments on SurfControl
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.