What is Sweet-page.com?
Sweet-page.com is an untrustworthy search engine, which may return for you altered search results. This is done for trying to initiate required redirections to predetermined websites that seek to increase their page rank or sales. Besides, this program may also display continuous commercial ads that may also be filled with various links. Please, be very careful with these ads because you can never know what website they may trick you into visiting. In most of the cases, Sweet-page.com redirects and other issues appear after this browser hijacker manages to take over the start page and the default search engine. Beware that this is done on each of web browsers that are installed on the system, so you may find out that you can't avoid Sweet-page.com redirects. Please, do not ignore them! Finally, we recommend people to avoid this search engine because it may be set to track people's browsing habits. This is done for trying to collect information about people's search terms, mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting these domains, etc. Nevertheless, Sweet-page.com virus may also get information about your PC's IP address, location, your email address, etc. For avoiding that, you should get rid of this search engine ASAP.
If Sweet-page.com has already hijacled your Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or other web browser, you should waste no time and get rid of it. We say so because this program has already initiated various doubts about its trustworthiness and reliability. Beware that it can show up on computer without downloading it there, just like viruses do. In this case, you should follow a guide below or download SpyHunter and remove Sweet-page.com from the system..
HOW CAN Sweet-page.com HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
Such browser hijackers and potentially unwanted programs as Sweet-page.com are mostly spread in a bundle with freeware and shareware. In order to avoid this and other potentially unwanted programs, you should try to pay more attention to freewares’ installation process because people are always tricked into installing optional downloads (adware, plugins, add-ons, etc.) when downloading such programs from the Internet. For that we highly recommend you to start monitoring installation of PDF creators, download managers, video streaming software, video recording software and similar applications. You should simply select Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then uncheck check marks that claim 'Make XXX my start page', 'Make XXX my default search engine', 'Make XXX my homepage', etc. If this questionable search engine gets on its target PC, it takes over each of web browsers and blocks such known search engines as Google, Yahoo or Bing. Besides, it may also start interrupting you with its continuous pop-up ads, slow down the browser, redirect it to suspicious and unknown websites and may also initiate other unwanted or annoying activities. For avoiding them you should follow a guide below and fix your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE Sweet-page.com virus?
If you noticed that Sweet-page.com hijacked your homepage, you can remove it by following these simple steps:
You can remove Sweet-page.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Sweet-page.com Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Sweet-page.com and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Sweet-page.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Sweet-page.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Sweet-page.com from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Sweet-page.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Sweet-page.com removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Sweet-page.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Sweet-page.com removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Sweet-page.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Sweet-page.com removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Sweet-page.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Sweet-page.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Sweet-page.com removal process.
Step 4: Complete Sweet-page.com removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Sweet-page.com registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.