What is Sweetim.com?
Sweetim.com is a typical search engine that should also be categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and a browser hijacker. No matter that it may seem like a normal search site, it has been noticed that it is mostly spread with a help of bundling. This means that it can easily infiltrate its target computers in a bundle with other free downloads as an optional component. In order to get ability to avoid it, you should be very very careful when downloading such programs as download managers, PDF creators and similar apps.
If Sweetim.com virus gets ability to infiltrate the system, it starts what it was created for. First of all, it modifies the system and alters the start page, the default search engine and sometimes the new tab page. After doing so, this search engine starts showing altered search results for promoting its affiliate websites. In most of the cases, that's various unknown domains that are seeking to increase their page rank or sales. However, we can't guarantee that each of these domains is harmless and safe. If you want to avoid unsafe and suspicious websites that they may be used just for tricking you into revealing your sensitive information, you should stay away from Sweetim.com. Besides, this page may try to show you misleading advertisements and notifications that may be filled with information about missing updates, different discounts, useful programs and similar things that have always been attracting people. Of course, after clicking them you may end up with other suspicious programs on your computer, so you should ignore each of Sweetim ads or simply remove this hijacker from your computer.
The easiest way to remove sweetim.com hijacker from the system is by running a full system scan with updated anti-spyware. Please, make sure that the program that you want to use for scanning your PC and eliminating this PUP is up-to-date. We highly recommend selecting one of these anti-spywares: Reimage (compatible with Windows OS), Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (compatible with Windows OS and Mac OS X).
How can Sweetim.com hijack my computer?
Just like Delta-homes.com or Babylon Toolbar, Sweetim.com virus can infiltrate its target PC system unnoticed because it has been actively spread using bundling. In fact, when this method is used by scammers, it tricks people into accepting the installation of this search engine. This can happen if you don't pay enough attention to freeware's installation process and leave such pre-checked check marks as 'Make sweetim.com my default search engine'. In order to avoid that, you should always choose a custom or advanced installation method and uncheck these checkboxes that say that you agree to install sweetim or other free additions. If you failed to do that, you may soon find Sweetim.com instead of your start page or default search engine. This virus may also initiate modifications in the proxy settings and even the Hosts file. The wort part of this is difficulties when trying to surf the web in a regular way.
How to remove Sweetim.com virus?
In order to remove Sweetim.com virus, follow these steps:
You can remove Sweetim.com automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Sweetim.com from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Sweetim.com from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Sweetim.com from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Sweetim.com from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Sweetim.com from Safari
Remove Sweetim.com from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Sweetim.com from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Sweetim.com or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Sweetim.com from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Sweetim.com or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Sweetim.com from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Sweetim.com and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Sweetim.com removal.
Remove Sweetim.com from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Sweetim.com and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Sweetim.com removal.
Remove Sweetim.com from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Sweetim.com and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Sweetim.com removal.
Remove Sweetim.com from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Sweetim.com or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Sweetim.com, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Sweetim.com removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Sweetim.com virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.