TakeTheCoupon is one of many programs that may negatively affect your internet browser and flood you with distracting advertisements. Don't be fooled by this potentially unwanted program because it is usually promoted as a helpful tool. It should display coupons and comparison deals every time when you visit an online store. However, we can no guarantee that TakeTheCoupon will give anything useful in return. Moreover, it is known that such ad-supported programs may invoke tracking cookies and record your online presence and cause privacy-related issues. If you see ads that are labeled as “TakeTheCoupon Ads”, “TakeTheCoupon Deals”, “Brought to you by TakeTheCoupon”, etc., you should avoid clicking them because you may be redirected to an unsafe website.
Although this application may look quite legitimate, we highly recommend not to use it. Even cyber criminals may be hiding behind this program. After researching information about TakeTheCoupon virus, we have managed to find that it usually travels bundled with such free programs as Free PDF File Converter, YouTube Video Downloader, Download Accelerator, HD Video Codec Pack, etc. In fact, internet is filled with various free programs that may carry TakeTheCoupon virus as an extra attachment. This distribution method is very popular because it is the easiest way how online advertisers can monetize from free programs. That is why you should check every program that you are going to install and unmark all doubtful attachments.
This program is completely useless, therefore, don't hesitate to remove it. Follow the removal tutorial that is given down below and stop TakeTheCoupon redirects from happening:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as TakeTheCoupon or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for TakeTheCoupon or other unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.
Information added: 06/03/14 03:51;
information updated: 06/03/14 03:51