TakeTheCoupon is one of many programs that may negatively affect your internet browser and flood you with distracting advertisements. Don't be fooled by this potentially unwanted program because it is usually promoted as a helpful tool. It should display coupons and comparison deals every time when you visit an online store. However, we can no guarantee that TakeTheCoupon will give anything useful in return. Moreover, it is known that such ad-supported programs may invoke tracking cookies and record your online presence and cause privacy-related issues. If you see ads that are labeled as “TakeTheCoupon Ads”, “TakeTheCoupon Deals”, “Brought to you by TakeTheCoupon”, etc., you should avoid clicking them because you may be redirected to an unsafe website.
How can TakeTheCoupon hijack my computer?
Although this application may look quite legitimate, we highly recommend not to use it. Even cyber criminals may be hiding behind this program. After researching information about TakeTheCoupon virus, we have managed to find that it usually travels bundled with such free programs as Free PDF File Converter, YouTube Video Downloader, Download Accelerator, HD Video Codec Pack, etc. In fact, internet is filled with various free programs that may carry TakeTheCoupon virus as an extra attachment. This distribution method is very popular because it is the easiest way how online advertisers can monetize from free programs. That is why you should check every program that you are going to install and unmark all doubtful attachments.
How to remove TakeTheCoupon from my computer?
This program is completely useless, therefore, don't hesitate to remove it. Follow the removal tutorial that is given down below and stop TakeTheCoupon redirects from happening:
You can remove TakeTheCoupon automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove TakeTheCoupon from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove TakeTheCoupon from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove TakeTheCoupon from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove TakeTheCoupon from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove TakeTheCoupon from Safari
Remove TakeTheCoupon from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove TakeTheCoupon from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for TakeTheCoupon or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove TakeTheCoupon from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for TakeTheCoupon or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove TakeTheCoupon from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for TakeTheCoupon and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete TakeTheCoupon removal.
Remove TakeTheCoupon from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select TakeTheCoupon and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete TakeTheCoupon removal.
Remove TakeTheCoupon from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select TakeTheCoupon and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete TakeTheCoupon removal.
Remove TakeTheCoupon from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for TakeTheCoupon or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete TakeTheCoupon removal process.
Complete TakeTheCoupon removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of TakeTheCoupon registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on TakeTheCoupon
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.