What is TestSpeeder?
TestSpeeder (also can be found as SpeedChecker) may be the reason why your web browser is filled with commercial advertisements. In most of the cases, it enters PC'S together with free software. Besides, it can be downloaded from its official site. It's developers claim this program is able to check user's Internet speed and monitor downloading speed. However, in reality it is not beneficial at all. In contrast, it modifies browser, decreases system's security, causes dangerous redirects and infiltration of suspicious programs. If TestSpeeder gets inside your computer, you will immediately notice various commercial advertisements during your browsing. You may be presented with various surveys, prize giveaways, discounts, services and so on. Before clicking on these advertisements, you should think twice because you can be redirected to sponsored websites. Besides, you may also be tricked to disclose your personal information to the questionable third parties or to install another adware or even malware. Beware that TestSpeeder is specifically designed to earn money for third parties. Every click on its ad returns its developers some money; therefore, it won't certainly be useful for you. If you will decide to remove this program from your system, you may face difficulties in finding it. That's because it is able to randomize its name. At the moment of writing, it is known that TestSpeeder can appear on computers as SpeedChecker or vice versa. This trick prevents the program from quick removal. We can assure that the program is not useful at all and speed test results may be distorted. Having this in mind, there is not reason to keep it on your computer.
How can TestSpeeder hijack my computer?
TestSpeeder can be downloaded from its official website if it convinces its users that it capable of testing Internet and downloading speed. However, you should be aware that even more often it gets inside computers bundled with freewares and sharewares. Programs, such as download managers, video converters, music players, PDF creators and so on, are very often sponsored by third parties and complemented with various advertisements. If you want to prevent infiltration of TestSpeed and similar programs, you have to be very careful when installing free software. No matter if you are familiar with the program and have downloaded it from a reliable source, it can be spread in a bundle as well. Always opt for Advanced or Custom installation mode and follow the entire process step-by-step. If you spot check boxes that suggest additional components, such as toolbars, add-on, plug-ins and similar programs, DO NOT accept them. This way TestSpeeder and similar adwares are spread. As soon as this program is installed, it leaves its extension on all web browsers and starts showing continuous pop-up advertisements. Beware that such programs can be used not only to promote sponsored websites, but to collect information about users and their browsing habits. If you want to remove it, we recommend using a reputable anti-spyware that will easily find it, we well as other suspicious programs that might be hiding on your computer.
How to remove TestSpeeder virus from my computer?
If you have been suffering from TestSpeeder redirects, constant pop-up ads and similar issues, you should remove it right away. You can do that with the help of a reputable anti-spyware or manually. You can find our suggested programs below, as well as manual removal guidelines.
You can remove TestSpeeder automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual TestSpeeder virus Removal Guide:
Remove TestSpeeder from Windows systems
Uninstall TestSpeeder and related programs
Here, look for TestSpeeder or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove TestSpeeder from Mac OS X system
- If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
- Wait until you see Applications folder and look for TestSpeeder or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Remove TestSpeeder from Internet Explorer (IE)
Remove dangerous add-ons
Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for TestSpeeder and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
Change your homepage if it was altered by virus:
Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
Reset Internet Explorer
Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete TestSpeeder removal.
Remove TestSpeeder virus from Microsoft Edge
Reset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
- Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
- Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, TestSpeeder should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove TestSpeeder from Mozilla Firefox (FF)
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select TestSpeeder and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete TestSpeeder removal.
Remove TestSpeeder from Google Chrome
Delete malicious plugins
Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select TestSpeeder and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
Reset Google Chrome
Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete TestSpeeder removal.
Remove TestSpeeder from Safari
Remove dangerous extensions
Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for TestSpeeder or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete TestSpeeder removal process.