Information about TransitSimplified Toolbar:
If you have just detected an unfamiliar toolbar within each of your web browsers, it is a clear sign that you might have installed some free program unintentionally due to lack of attention to the installation process.
MS Products may provide access to search results or other links to Third Party Partner websites or resources. MS has no control over such sites and resources, in which you acknowledge and agree that MS is not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources […] We may collect information from you that may identify you, such as your name, address, email address, and telephone number and anonymous Information, such as the number of your page views, link clicks, and login times. […] MS Products are exposed to various security issues, and should be regarded as unsecure.
How can TransitSimplified software enter my computer?
TransitSimplified Toolbar offers quick access to bus schedules, routes, and fares; however, this program might display annoying ads or cause redirects via Ask Search, and for some users, that might not seem like advantageous features of the program. This program can be downloaded from its official web page. However, we would like to share some tips how to avoid installing ‘optional downloads,’ which can be offered to you whenever you install freeware or shareware. We are not saying that this particular program can be spread with other programs, but it might be. However, these tips can help you to avoid installing unwanted applications to your PC in any case:
- Make sure you download apps from reliable sources.
- Avoid installing software using Default, Standard, Basic installation methods. Instead, opt for Advanced or Custom installation technique.
- Opt-out suggestions to install never-heard-of software or software updates.
Recently, the developer of this program contacted us asking us to remove this post from 2-spyware.com website. We believe that we shouldn’t do that as long as programs that we offer for the removal of TransitSimplified toolbar can detect it and help users to remove it from the system. As it is mentioned under each of download buttons, we ARE affiliated with these anti-malware programs, and while some of them are free, others can remove a virus only after purchasing them. These mentions fully fulfill each of the requirements of FTC.
Nevertheless, we have recently decided to make a revision of this and other posts that are related to this developer. We claim that all of them are described properly.
How to remove this application from PC?
TransitSimplified is a doubtful software that is not a very good program. It might cause annoying interferences while you browse the web; if you wish to remove it, follow the steps below:
- Uninstall programs that are related to TransitSimplified Toolbar from your computer:
1. Click Start → Control Panel → Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for TransitSimplified and other programs that are unknown to you.
3. Click ‘Uninstall’ and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your web browser:
1. Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select ‘Tools’ -> ‘Extensions’.
2. Here, select unfamiliar plugins (TransitSimplified Toolbar, MyWay, MyWebSearch, etc.) and select trash icon to delete these entries.
3. In order to change your homepage, click on menu icon, choose ‘Settings’ -> ‘On startup’ section -> ‘set pages’.
4. Here, eliminate myway.com by clicking on the “X” and enter your preferred website.
5. In order to change your default search engine, click on the menu icon -> ‘Settings’ -> ‘Search’ section.
6. Here, click ‘Manage Search Engines…’ and add your preferred domain name.
Finally, we recommend scanning the computer with a reputable anti-spyware. This will let you make sure that your computer is free of this program.