Trojan.Reveton.O is a Trojan horse, which attacks unprotected computers and Windows systems running on them. This threat has already infected millions of computers all around the world and it doesn’t seem that it’s going to stop there. The main sign of this virus infiltration is a complete computer’s lock down. For that, trojan.reveton.o changes Internet settings (victims are normally disconnected from it), contacts its remote servers and downloads/installs malicious files to the Local Disk. Besides, it has also been designed to disable the Task Manager of the affected system in order to prevent its removal. If you are one of those Windows users, who have been infected by this dangerous Trojan horse, you have to find a way to remove trojan.reveton.o from your computer. Every minute you waste on dealing with it can cost you serious damage made to your PC and personal data, which is stored there.
How can I get infected with Trojan.Reveton.O?
As we have already mentioned, Trojan.reveton.o attacks unprotected Windows systems. Just like Reveton Trojan, this cyber infection mostly travels with the help of fake video codecs and flash updates. Besides, some security experts have announced about officially-looking emails that have a malicious attachment added – once you open it, you accidentally download trojan.reveton.o on your computer. Once it gets there, it downloads and install malicious components, that can be used to track victim’s activity, steal personal data, lock down the system and display bogus notifications.
How can I remove Trojan.Reveton.O?
In order to remove Trojan.Reveton.O, you have to use automated anti-malware programs. If you are brocked and can't launchany of them, try using one of these options:
* Users infected with Trojan.Reveton.O are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Trojan.Reveton.O removal (special skills needed!):
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable FBI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Reimage or Malwarebytes Anti Malware to remove remaining files.