- Trojan.Tatanarg is a banking Trojan that is used to steal sensitive information from the user. While more and more people make their money transactions through the Internet, such viruses as Tatanarg can be predetermined to become a huge problem for PC users in the near future. Even at the moment security experts report about different versions of this trojan, like Trojan.Tatanarg.B, Trojan.Tatanarg!gen1 and other.
- Similarly to banking trojans that have been released earlier, this threat aims at stealing victim's banking details. For that, it starts capturing the traffic exchanged between the user and the online website first and sends this information for its owner. This info includes authentication details, user's activities in the browser and similar. However, it can't be said that Tatanarg is typical banking trojan – according to our research center it also includes initial installer that is used to download components capable to disrupt security software, kill other threats found on its compromised computer, enable Windows remote access and modify HTML in victim's browser. In addition to these features, Trojan.Tatanarg can be also used to open the back doors of the system what allows for the attacker to make its dirty commands and control the infected PC.
- The most interesting thing about Trojan.Tatanarg is that it hijacks SSL/TLS connections between the bank and the browser. It simply forms a proxy service to use the details provided by the bank and inserts its own certificate helping to neutralize the certificate validation. As a result, it shows the URL with https scheme what make the user believe that connection is secure and he is safe to enter his banking information.
HOW TO REMOVE TROJAN.TATANARG FROM THE PC?
- If you want to check your computer for Trojan.Tatanarg or think you may be infected with this dangerous banking trojan, you are highly recommended to run a full system scan with reputable anti-malware program. In this case, we recommend using Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus and Reimage .Before you launch one of these programs for a full system scan, you should update it first to have a full virus database.
• Plumbytes Anti-Malware
We have tested Plumbytes Anti-Malware's efficiency in removing Trojan.Tatanarg (2012-07-30)
• Malwarebytes Anti Malware
We have tested Malwarebytes Anti Malware's efficiency in removing Trojan.Tatanarg (2012-07-30)
• Hitman Pro
We have tested Hitman Pro's efficiency in removing Trojan.Tatanarg (2012-07-30)
• Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus
We have tested Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus's efficiency in removing Trojan.Tatanarg (2012-07-30)