What is Tumri.net?
Tumri.net is a specific search engine, which may try to cause unwanted activities on your computer. That's why we highly recommend avoiding it. Once this program enters computer, it may alter the start page and default search engine on your computer. After doing so, it may try to force you to use this search engine for searching the web and looking for needed information. No matter that this program is not a virus, it has already been included to the category of browser hijacker. Beware that browser hijackers are mostly blamed for unstoppable redirects to unknown websites, annoying pop-up ads and similar inconveniences. In addition, it seems that this program may cause not only continuous redirections to unknown websites and related domains. You should know that it may also open multiple tabs on your web browser or may periodically slow down it. Unfortunately, but these inconveniences can hardly be avoided because Tumri.net virus is capable of hijacking each of them. That's why we recommend avoiding it. If you have been dealing with such issues as various pop-up advertisements and alerts that may aggressively offer you to download suspiciously looking programs and files. It seems that this program doesn't allow people to use such search engines as Google, Yahoo or Bing. If you are dealing with such issues right now, you shouldn't waste your time. In this case, you should scan your computer with updated anti-spyware and remove detected components of this hijacker. For that we recommend you to use SpyHunter (Windows OS) or Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Mac OS X).
HOW CAN TUMRI.NET HIJACK MY COMPUTER?
You can set tumri.net as your start page or default search engine voluntarily. There are lots of websites that are used for promoting it. However, this is not the only method that is used for spreading it around. Beware that this application may also appear on your web browsers after installing related freeware on your computer. This risk increases if you like to use unofficial sources to download free software, shareware or media codecs on your computer. Typically, such programs are filled with optional components that can be seen and declined only if you monitor installation of the freeware. That's why you should select only custom or advanced installation of the freeware that allows seeing what is hiding inside your freeware or shareware. If tumri.net enters the system, it may alter its settings. This results in annoying redirections and continuous pop-up messages interrupting users every time when they start their search sessions. Besides, tumri.net redirects may also slow the system down and lead you to websites filled with other threats, like trojans, spyware or malware.
HOW CAN I REMOVE TUMRI.NET virus?
To remove Tumri.net hijacker or other questionable search engine, you should use either automated or manual removal option. If you decided to opt for automatic removal, make sure you update these programs that are given below before running a scan!
You can remove Tumri.net automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Tumri.net Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Tumri.net and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Tumri.net from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Tumri.net from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Tumri.net or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Tumri.net from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Tumri.net or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Tumri.net from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Tumri.net from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Tumri.net from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Tumri.net and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Tumri.net removal.
Remove Tumri.net from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Tumri.net and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Tumri.net removal.
Remove Tumri.net from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Tumri.net and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Tumri.net removal.
Remove Tumri.net from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Tumri.net or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Tumri.net, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Tumri.net removal process.
Step 4: Complete Tumri.net removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Tumri.net registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.