Ukash Virus is a dangerous group of ransomwares that must be ignored no matter how convincing they seem to be. Typically, this virus displays a huge alert looking like it was sent by an official institution, such as local police unit or association. This alert creates an image that specific institution, located in your country, is informed that you have been illegally watching copyrighted content, spread malware and did other stuff which is named as 'illegal activity'. Besides, just like Police virus or FBI virus, it totally locks the system down so that you are not capable to connect to your browser and get on your desktop. As you can see, Ukash virus is a serious cyber threat that can't be eliminated without any help of an expert.
All ransomwares that belong to Ukash virus family are spread with a help of trojans that may come either with infected downloads or through spam emails and their attachments. Of course, user has no idea about Ukash virus and discovers it only when this virus locks his computer down. In addition, victim is welcomed by a huge message titled 'Attention! Illegal activity was revealed' and said that there are some serious law violations found. The main reason why scammers have created Ukash virus is the money which is asked from the user as a 'fine'. This fine should be paid through Ukash pre-paid system. However, you must be aware that there is no such official organization which would collect the fines through such system as Ukash. Besides, such institutions NEVER lock computers down and leave users without the Internet connection.
If you have also be attacked by Ukash virus, follow these steps that will help you eliminate this threat from your computer:
1. Restart your computer to 'Safe Mode with Networking' with a help of F8 button;
2. Launch MSConfig and disable all startup entries rundll32 turning on any application from Application Data;
3. Restart the system once again
4. Scan your computer with SpyHunter or other anti-spyware program to remove infected files from the system.
UPDATE: You can also try the following methods to remove Ukash virus from your computer:
* Users infected with Ukash group of viruses are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual Ukash virus removal (special skills needed!):
QR is short for Quick Response. They can be read quickly by the mobile phones. QR codes can store more data than
standard barcodes, including url links, geo coordinates, and text.
The reason we add QR code to the website is that parasites like Ukash virus are really hard to remove on infected computer. you can quicly scan the QR code with your mobile device and have manual removal instructions to uninstall Ukash virus right in your pocket.
Simply use the QR scanner and read removal instructions from mobile device.
Information added: 2013-09-24 06:37
Information updated: 2013-09-24 06:37