United States Courts virus is a dangerous ransomware, which uses different strategies to make its victims pay $300 within 48 hours. Similarly to FBI virus, FBI PayPal virus and many other similar threats, it attacks computers that are located in the Unites States of America. As soon as this virus infiltrates the computer, it firstly locks down the system and also hides all icons on the desktop with its huge notification saying that user has violated different kinds of laws, like that he/she has been illegally using a copyrighted content and similar things. As you can see from its screenshot, you may firstly fall into believing that this message belongs to the United States Courts. However, governmental authorities don't use such methods for making their criminals pay the fines. If you have been infected, you can safely ignore United States Courts virus and remove its files from the PC. In fact, it must be done if you want to start using your PC as always.
United States Courts virus is distributed by Trojan.LockScreen. You should avoid illegal websites, freeware, spam and similar things if you don't want to get infected with it just like many PC users from USA have already did. As soon as it infiltrates the PC, this trojan modifies the system so that United States Courts virus could launch together with computer's system. Besides, it downloads malicious ransomware's files and blocks down the PC for postponing its removal.
If you are infected with United States Courts virus, you see such alert:
United States Courts
YOUR COMPUTER HAS BEEN LOCKED
Criminal Case NO. 4:12CV072011
Illegally downloaded material (MP3's, Movies or Software) has been located on your computer.
To unlock your computer and to avoid other legal consequences, you are obligated to pay a release of $300. Payable through GreenDot Moneypak. After successful payment, your computer will automatically unlock.
Failure to adhere to this request will involve criminal charges and possible imprisonment.
To perform the payment, enter the acquired GreenDot Moneypak code in the designated payment field and press the "Submit" button.
Please, never purchase that MoneyPak voucher and pay $300, which is asked on malicious United States Courts virus notification. This amount of money will receive scammers that seek to increase their income using such illegal way. In order to remove this ransomware, you should firstly unblock your computer and eliminate infected files form PC.
When trying to remove United States Courts virus , you have to unlock your computer first. In order to get an ability to scan your compromised computer with a decent anti-malware, check whether you can reboot your machine to safe mode with networking or safe mode with command prompt. Depending on whether you can or not, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware or STOPzilla.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with United States Courts virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with United States Courts virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual United States Courts virus removal:
Information added: 09/24/13 05:36;
information updated: 09/24/13 05:36