Update-player.net pop-up virus is a program, which causes misleading alerts on all web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. No matter that this program has nothing in common with malware, it can easily trick people into visiting questionable websites and make them install potentially unwanted programs on their computers. If you want to avoid Update-player.net redirects or installation of Webcake, Coupon Buddy, Linkey and similar adwares, you should ignore all pop-ups that report about new updates for Java, Video Player or similar applications. Before you click on such ads and download unwanted content on your computer, keep in mind that updates are offered right after rebooting computer, not when browsing the web. If you really think that your Java or other program is outdated, you should visit its official website.
How can Update-player.net hijack my PC?
Update-player.net virus is spread with a help questionable programs and mostly shows up on computers after installing some king of download managers, PDF creator and similar application. In order to avoid installing this potentially unwanted program on your computer without even realizing about that, you should stay away from questionable programs. In addition to this, make sure you choose Custom or Advanced installation that will help you to see all optional downloads that may try to enter your PC behind your back. If “Update-Payer.net” pop-up virus manages to infiltrate the system, it initiates various system modifications and affects all web browsers that can be found on the system. If you are seeing alerts on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox that offer you to install updates for Video Player, you should ignore them. For eliminating them, follow a guide below and fix your computer.
How to remove Update-player.net pop-up virus?
The appearance of Update-player.net pop-ups is a clearest sign showin that your PC was affected by potentially unwanted program. We don't recommend keeping such programs on the system because they can easily make you visit infected websites or trick you into installing questionable programs on the system. For Update-player.net virus removal, you should check your computer with reputable anti-spyware, such as SpyHunter or STOPzilla. In addition to that, make sure you follow each of these steps:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for RightSaver, SafeSaver, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, Media Player 1.1, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, YutubeAdBlock 1.2, Media Player 1.1, Savings Bull, Feven Pro 1.1, Websteroids, Savings Bull, HD-Plus 3.5, QuickShare and similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use