Update-player.net pop-up virus is a program, which causes misleading alerts on all web browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. No matter that this program has nothing in common with malware, it can easily trick people into visiting questionable websites and make them install potentially unwanted programs on their computers. If you want to avoid Update-player.net redirects or installation of Webcake, Coupon Buddy, Linkey and similar adwares, you should ignore all pop-ups that report about new updates for Java, Video Player or similar applications. Before you click on such ads and download unwanted content on your computer, keep in mind that updates are offered right after rebooting computer, not when browsing the web. If you really think that your Java or other program is outdated, you should visit its official website.
How can Update-player.net hijack my PC?
Update-player.net virus is spread with a help questionable programs and mostly shows up on computers after installing some king of download managers, PDF creator and similar application. In order to avoid installing this potentially unwanted program on your computer without even realizing about that, you should stay away from questionable programs. In addition to this, make sure you choose Custom or Advanced installation that will help you to see all optional downloads that may try to enter your PC behind your back. If “Update-Payer.net” pop-up virus manages to infiltrate the system, it initiates various system modifications and affects all web browsers that can be found on the system. If you are seeing alerts on Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox that offer you to install updates for Video Player, you should ignore them. For eliminating them, follow a guide below and fix your computer.
How to remove Update-player.net virus?
The appearance of Update-player.net pop-ups is a clearest sign showin that your PC was affected by potentially unwanted program. We don't recommend keeping such programs on the system because they can easily make you visit infected websites or trick you into installing questionable programs on the system. For Update-player.net virus removal, you should check your computer with reputable anti-spyware.
You can remove "Update-Payer.net" pop-up automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual "Update-Payer.net" pop-up virus Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall "Update-Payer.net" pop-up and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove "Update-Payer.net" pop-up from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove "Update-Payer.net" pop-up from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for "Update-Payer.net" pop-up or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove "Update-Payer.net" pop-up from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for "Update-Payer.net" pop-up or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall "Update-Payer.net" pop-up from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
Remove "Update-Payer.net" pop-up from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for "Update-Payer.net" pop-up and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete "Update-Payer.net" pop-up removal.
Remove "Update-Payer.net" pop-up from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select "Update-Payer.net" pop-up and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete "Update-Payer.net" pop-up removal.
Remove "Update-Payer.net" pop-up from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select "Update-Payer.net" pop-up and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete "Update-Payer.net" pop-up removal.
Remove "Update-Payer.net" pop-up from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for "Update-Payer.net" pop-up or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete "Update-Payer.net" pop-up removal process.
Step 3: Complete "Update-Payer.net" pop-up virus removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of "Update-Payer.net" pop-up registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.