USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus (you can also find it named as Cyber Command of Arizona, Cyber Command of California, Cyber command of New York and similar) is a serious virus, which displays fake alert for tricking its victims. For being more precise, we will say that this cyber infection seeks to make its victims pay a ransom of $300 for unblocking their computers. That's why it blocks down the system as soon as it infiltrates it and then shows a misleading notification reporting about various law violations. Just like its name suggests, USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus attacks United America of America. In fact, it is set to attack PC users who live in these states: California, Arizona, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Texas, Utah, Maryland, Washington, Oregon, New York, New Jersey, Nevada, Indiana, Hawaii, Georgia and Florida. Remember, if your computer was blocked by alert, which says "ATTENTION! Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below", you are infected. You must scan your PC with updated anti-spyware and remove this virus.
How can i get infected with USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus?
USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus is mostly spread by trojans. They may hide inside infected emails, misleading links or unlicensed programs. If you want to avoid this ransomware, you must avoid all sites that are used to spread illegal content on the Internet. Besides, emails from unknown sources should also be ignored. USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus infiltrates your computer, you will notice that you can't connect to the Internet or use legitimate software. In addition, you should notice this huge warning on your desktop, which reports about various detected activities:
USA Cyber Crime Investigations
Cyber Command of [State name]
Your computer has been blocked up for safety reasons listed below.
You are accused of viewing/storage and/or dissemination of banned pornography (child pornography/zoophilia/rape etc). You have violated World Declaration on non-proliferation of child pornography.
You are accused of committing the crime envisaged by Article 161 of United States of America criminal law.
The penalty set must be paid in course of 48 hours as of the breach. On expiration of the term, 48 hours that follow will be used for automatic collection of data on yourself and your misconduct, and criminal case wilt be opened against you. Amount of firm is 300$. You can settle the fine with MoneyPak or MoneyGram xpress Packet vouchers.
Of course, these crimes are invented in order to push you into paying a $300 ransom. Instead of following these commands you should remove USA Cyber Crime Investigations from the system. Here is a guide that should be followed:
How to remove USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus?
Those who are infected with USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus should stay away from Moneygram or Moneygram and never pay this fine because it doesn't help to unlock computer. For that, follow any of these guides:
Manual USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable thisI virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware to remove remaining files.
Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus once more and run a full system scan.
If you can't reach Safe Mode, follow these guides:
- Reboot your infected computer.
- Click Start -> Run and enter http://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe (if your are blocked by ransomware, press alt+tab and continue entering this address)
- A warning that belongs to ransomware may show up again. In this case, press Alt+Tab and "R" as much as needed.
- Install anti-malware and run a full system scan to remove malicious files from the system.
* Users infected with these ransomware threats are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus manual removal
Geolocation of USA Cyber Crime Investigations virus
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.