Vista Total Security 2012 is a rogue anti-spyware program from the multi-rogue scamware family. It displays false scan results, fake infections, and fake security alerts to scare you into purchasing malware. This rogue anti-spyware is configured to start automatically when you log on into your PC. Once running, it pretends to perform a system scan and list various non-existent infectons. Vista Total Security 2012 will later claim that it cannot remove found infections unless you first purchase the program. It's a scam, don't purchase it! The reported threats either don't even exist or are absolutely harmless. Please read the removal guide below and find out how to remove Vista Total Security 2012 virus from your computer.
The most annoying thing about Vista Total Security 2012 is self-protection methods used to protect itelf from being removed. It blocks legitimate anti-virus and anti-spyware programs and some system tools. Additionally, it will also block Task Manager and Regedit as well as other useful functions needed for rogue program's removal. As for fake notifications and security alerts then those are fairly common: fake Windows Security Center, fake pop-ups, firewall alerts and etc. The same can be said about browser and Dekstop hijacking methods. The rogue program hijacks Internet Explorer and displays fake security messages when browsing the Web.
Vista Total Security 2012 will try to block your legitimate programs from launching. Here's a way how to bypass restrictions:
1. From another user account on Windows Vista system
2. Launching as administrator by right-clicking on executable and choosing from menu
3. Renaming the executable to something else, like iexplore.exe so Vista Total Security 2012 will not block it.
4. Launching anti-malware programs from safe mode with networking.
5. Stopping Vista Total Security 2012 processes with task manager or other utility.
6. Using codes like 3425-814615-3990 or 9443-077673-5028 to disable malware.
This will allow running legitimate anti-malware programs and completely clean your PC from Vista Total Security 2012.
Vista Total Security 2012 manual removal:
[random].exe, 3-letter name
[random].exe, 3-letter name in %AppData%