The main facts that are known about Wajam:
Wajam claims to be a social search engine, which is capable of showing people results that are selected according to their friends' activity on social networks. These social networks are FaceBook, Twitter, and Google+. However, no matter that we would make a mistake by saying that this program is a virus and that it has never been found to spread malware and other cyber threats, you should try to be very careful with it when having it installed on the system. We say so because of a simple reason - an activity that it initiates.
While one part of PC users claims that it is useful and trustworthy, some people declare that they are bothered by its ads and have never installed this program voluntarily. Unfortunately, but there is no doubt that these claims are true. In most of the cases, this program can get onto its target computer when downloading lots of different freewares and sharewares. If you don't monitor installation of these programs, Wajam Web Enhancer can easily infiltrate your computer without your consent because it is usually hidden in 'optional' components that should be declined when trying to avoid them. Also, as soon as Wajam enters PC, it may start needed system modifications and then may start causing annoying ads and other unwanted activities. If you don't want to be tricked into visiting an unknown or even a suspicious website, you have to remove Wajam from your computer. Of course, we would also like to recommend you eliminating related free software as well because this program may show up on your computer right after rebooting it. Fortunately, it is not hard to remove this adware-type program. For that you should just scan your computer with the reputable anti-spyware, such as Reimage.
Distribution methods that are used by the developers of this program:
As we have already mentioned, you should be very careful when installing freeware and shareware on your computer because it may result in the appearance of various viruses, not only such and similar browser add-ons, extensions, plugins, and toolbars. So, the main thing that you have to remember is that Wajam.exe, wajam_64.exe and other files related to this app are actively distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. Its creators bundle their programs with various free software for monetization and similar purposes. Fortunately, you can avoid infiltration of these unwanted components by checking every step of freeware's installation, so make sure that you do that whenever installing freeware on your computer. For that, you should select only Custom or Advanced installation of the freeware and then uncheck pre-checked check marks that allow installation of Wajam Internet Enhancer. Otherwise, you should keep in mind that such programs can not only bombard you with annoying pop-up notifications but alter your homepage, Internet browser's settings, the default search engine and other settings. If you have been seen Wajam ads on your computer, and you haven't installed it by yourself, we recommend eliminating this program from your computer.
How can I remove Wajam virus?
First of all, you have to realize that Wajam is not a virus. Technically, it is a potentially unwanted program used to promote needed parties and earn the money from that. The main issue with such activity is that you can never know what websites and companies are promoted via its banner ads, pop-up notifications, and similar content. Wajam can easily redirect you to an unfair website that is used for spreading other adware-type programs, browser hijackers, and similar PUPs. Also, it can be used for tracking your browsing activity and may collect your search terms, mostly visited websites and information that you reveal about yourself when visiting these sites. If you are ready to remove Wajam hijacker from your computer, you can try using either manual removal guide or automatic removal method.
Anti-malware tools that you can use for automatic removal of Wajam are listed below. Here, you can also find the manual removal instructions. If the step-by-step guide seems too complicated for you, you can click this link and see the video explaining how to fix the computer manually. Good luck!
You can remove Wajam automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, PlumbytesWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Remove Wajam from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
Remove Wajam from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- Here, look for Wajam or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Wajam from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Wajam or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Wajam from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Wajam and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Wajam removal.
Remove Wajam from Microsoft EdgeReset Microsoft Edge settings (Method 1):
- Launch Microsoft Edge app and click More (three dots at the top right corner of the screen).
- Click Settings to open more options.
- Once Settings window shows up, click Choose what to clear button under Clear browsing data option.
- Here, select all what you want to remove and click Clear.
- Now you should right-click on the Start button (Windows logo). Here, select Task Manager.
- When in Processes tab, search for Microsoft Edge.
If Method 1 failed to help you, you need to use an advanced Edge reset method.
Resetting Microsoft Edge browser (Method 2):Note: you need to backup your data before using this method.
- Find this folder on your computer:
- Select every entry which is saved on it and right click with your mouse. Then Delete option.
- Click the Start button (Windows logo) and type in window power in Search my stuff line.
- Right-click the Windows PowerShell entry and choose Run as administrator.
Once Administrator: Windows PowerShell window shows up, paste this command line after
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>and press Enter:
Once these steps are finished, Wajam should be removed from your Microsoft Edge browser.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerMicrosoft EdgeFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Wajam from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Wajam and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Wajam removal.
Remove Wajam from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Wajam and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Wajam removal.
Remove Wajam from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Here, select Extensions and look for Wajam or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Wajam removal process.
Geolocation of Wajam
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Wajam
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.