What is WeatherBug?
WeatherBug (can also be found as Weather Bug) is an ad-supported program that has been actively spread with the help of bundling. Of course, there are hundreds of people who have installed this application as a useful tool that can be used for receiving weather forecasts and similar information. Nevertheless, you may discover that WeatherBug is a typical adware, which is capable of tracking your browsing activity and then displaying commercial advertisements that are usually selected according to it. If you don't like to see commercial pop-up ads that show up in a form of browser adds, in-text links, banner ads, etc., you should avoid WeatherBug adware. Besides, it seems that this program can also cause redirects to its affiliate websites. That's why these commercial pop-up notifications are displayed for. If you don't want to be rerouted to unknown, questionable and even unsafe websites, you should avoid WeatherBug ads. In fact, you should remove programs that are causing such ads during your browsing sessions because this is the easiest way to protect yourself from unwanted content. Beware that this program can be installed either manually or in a bundle with other programs. Beware that there are lots of free applications that can be used for promoting it. If you want to avoid them, you need to know about several tips that will be revealed in the next paragraph of this post. Also, you should remove WeatherBug from your computer because it may cause lots of unwanted activities on your computer. The easiest way to do that is to scan your PC with SpyHunter.
How can WeatherBug hijack my computer?
As we have already mentioned, this program can be installed manually but it can also be bundled with other programs. In most of cases, such programs are download managers, PDF creators, video streaming software, video recording software and similar ones. They all are involved to such activity in exchange for money, so you should never hesitate and check each of them before their installation. If WeatherBugs has already infiltrated your computer, you should think what freeware have you just installed on it. If you are about to install such application, make sure you select Custom or Advanced installation option and then uncheck pre-checked check marks that are stating that you want to install browser add-ons, extensions, plugins, toolbars and similar components on your computer. If WeatherBug virus infiltrates the system, it starts running on every Windows startup and starts causing its ads, banners and similar content. If you want to avoid such interrupting things, you need to use a guide below and remove this adware from your computer. While this program has been spread with the uninstaller, we can't guarantee that it will help you to get rid of all suspicious components. That's why we believe that you should opt for automatic removal of WeatherBug adware.
How to remove WeatherBug virus?
If you have no idea where this program came from and its ads are bothering you, you should use a guide below and fix your computer:WeatherBug properties:
• Shows commercial adverts
• Connects itself to the internet
• Stays resident in background
You can remove WeatherBug automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
WeatherBug manual removal
Delete registry values:
Manual WeatherBug Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall WeatherBug and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WeatherBug or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for WeatherBug or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall WeatherBug from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for WeatherBug and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete WeatherBug removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select WeatherBug and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete WeatherBug removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select WeatherBug and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete WeatherBug removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for WeatherBug or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete WeatherBug removal process.
Step 3: Complete WeatherBug removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of WeatherBug registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of WeatherBug
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.