Web.Prize3.com pop-ups and misleading notifications may completely ruin your browsing experience. Nonetheless, these annoying ads are not the worst thing that could happen. Web.Prize3.com is labeled as an advertising platform that helps advertisers to reach their targeted internet users. At first, it may appear that this platform is somehow related to prizes and online contests. In fact, this advertising platform may help to distribute potentially unwanted programs and adwares (ad-supported applications). These ads may appear as propositions to win cool prizes (such as an iPad, iPhone, etc.), various fun tests (IQ test, Who is watching your Facebook profile?, etc.), or even notifications with fake updates (Java, Flash, Adobe, etc.). Don't agree to anything that Web.Prize3.com may offer to you because you may expose your computer to cyber threats.
How can Web.Prize3.com hijack my computer?
We have managed to find that Web.Prize3.com virus may enter your computer disguised as an attachment for various freewares. This distribution method is very popular among adwares and potentially unwanted programs, and it is called bundling. Web.Prize3.com advertising platform may be closely associated with numerous free applications and ad-supported programs. Don't worry, if you have an anti-spyware tool, you can easily prevent such unwanted intruder from infiltrating your computer. However, if your computer is unprotected, you need to be more careful and check every single program that you want to install. Unfortunately, sometimes this pesky intruder may slip unnoticed. If that is the case, you should read the removal tutorial that is submitted down below.
How to stop Web.Prize3.com pop-ups from appearing?
As we have mentioned before, if you want to protect your computer, don't click such questionable messages. No matter that it offers very cool prizes or something very tempting, you should not click these pop-ups by any means. Follow these guidelines and remove Web.Prize3.com redirect virus from your computer:
- Uninstall a freeware, which is related to Web.Prize3.com:
1. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
2. When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for recently installed/unfamiliar applications, such as SupTab, ValueApps, Lollipop, PriceMeter, Supra Savings, weDownload Manager, Software Updated Version, DP1815, Video Player, Convert Files for Free, Plus-HD 1.3, BetterSurf, PureLead, Search Assist, Re-Markable, Lollipop, HD-Total-Plus, Safe Saver, Trusted Web, PassShow, LyricsBuddy-1, PureLeads, Media Player 1.1, RRSavings or similar unfamiliar entries.
3. Click 'Uninstall' and then OK to save the changes.
- Reset your browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome):
1. Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ → 'Internet Options'.
2. Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
3. Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' → 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
4. Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section → 'Troubleshooting Information'.
2. Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
1. Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' → 'Extensions'.
2. Here, look for unfamiliar entries.
3. Select each of them and choose Trash can icon to delete them.
Comments on Web.Prize3.com pop-ups
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.