It can also uninstall other software components that interfere with
A sign of infection is an error message at startup saying 'WJView ERROR: Could not execute Main: The system cannot find the file specified'.
WebSavings is installed from the vendors site or when installing other applications, such as the Morpheus file sharing program.
From the developer:
'In downloading and/or installing the Web Savings From Ebates Software, you are legally and with full authority requesting that Ebates do the following on your behalf:
1) pop up brief alerts when you can save money by shopping through Ebates or by using the Web Savings From Ebates Software.
2) direct your traffic to the merchant you wish to purchase from. This may be done:
a) by presenting a choice in a pop up alert asking whether you wish to save by shopping through Ebates, thereby directing your browser through Ebates in order to ensure you earn a reward, or
b) by automatically routing you through Ebates and automatically earning you a cash-back discount with no further action on your part being necessary.
3) disable or uninstall any other product or software tool that might interfere with the operability of Web Savings From Ebates Software or otherwise preempt or render inoperative Web Savings From Ebates Software in a manner that might jeopardize the ability of Ebates to earn you cash back discounts or coupon savings offered by Ebates. In installing Web Savings From Ebates Software, you authorize Ebates to disable, uninstall, or delete any application or software that might, in Ebates' opinion nullify its function and put you at risk of loosing the cash-back savings that Web Savings From Ebates Software is designed to earn you.
4) If you would like to utilize another savings tool, you can simply uninstall Web Savings From Ebates Software before installing a competitive application. Web Savings From Ebates Software can be easily uninstalled through the standard 'add or remove programs' control panel, or through Web Savings From Ebates reference settings. If you have any trouble uninstalling the Web Savings From Ebates, please contact customer service by sending an email to email@example.com.' WebSavings properties:
• Shows commercial adverts
• Hides from the user
• Stays resident in background
WebSavings manual removal
Browse to the key:'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run'
Delete the values called 'WebSavingsfromEbates', 'websearch' and 'couponsandoffers'.
Comments on WebSavings
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.