What is known about Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus?
Websearch.amaizingsearches.info is a questionable search engine, which may show up on your computer without even downloading it there. That's because it actively spreads around in a bundle with other applications. In order to increase its distribution rate, scammers have started misusing freewares and sharewares and filling them with various free additions, such as Websearch.amaizingsearches.info and similar extensions, plugins, addons. As soon as it enters the system, this program may start various system modifications. Once they are finished, it may start its irritating or sometimes even malicious activities. If you noticed Websearch.amaizingsearches.info redirects, questionable pop-up ads, browsers' slow downs (this potentially unwanted program is capable of hijacking Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other web browsers) and similar issues, it's a sign that you should check it with reliable anti-spyware. Leaving this questionable search engine or using it for your search sessions may make you to visit suspicious and sometimes illegal websites. Also, you may also be tricked by misleading popup ads trying to make you to download more dangerous programs on the system. For avoiding that, you should never leave such search engine on the system. You can get rid of it with a help of a guide that can be found below.
How can Websearch.amaizingsearches.info hijack my computer?
Websearch.amaizingsearches.info is one of such search engines that have ability to appear on computer out of nowhere. In most of the cases, this happens after downloading freeware or shareware that was misused by cyber criminals and involved into distribution of this search site. Fortunately that you can prevent such and other infiltration by following several simple steps. First of all, you should choose Custom or Advanced installation method that allows knowing what additional downloads are seeking to get inside your computer. After that, you should also look for check boxes that claim that you agree to set Websearch.amaizingsearches.info as your start page or default search engine. You should uncheck them and all offers to install add-ons, toolbars, extensions and plugins. If you think that you have already downloaded a free program that was used for spreading this questionable search engine around, you should look for Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus on your computer. It can be done with a help of this guide:
How to remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info virus?
Technically, Websearch.amaizingsearches.info is not a virus. However, it is capable of hijacking computers silently after their owners download freewares from the Internet without paying an appropriate amount attention to their installation. If that is the case, you shouldn't leave this search site on your browser and use it for your searches because it may show you altered search results that may redirect you to suspicious websites. If you also discovered this hijacker on your computer, follow these instructions to uninstall it. We recommend selecting automatic removal guide that will help you to get rid of this suspicious search engine and other potentially unwanted programs from the system.
You can remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Safari
Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Websearch.amaizingsearches.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Websearch.amaizingsearches.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Websearch.amaizingsearches.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Websearch.amaizingsearches.info removal.
Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.amaizingsearches.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Websearch.amaizingsearches.info removal.
Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.amaizingsearches.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Websearch.amaizingsearches.info removal.
Remove Websearch.amaizingsearches.info from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Websearch.amaizingsearches.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Websearch.amaizingsearches.info, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Websearch.amaizingsearches.info removal process.
Complete Websearch.amaizingsearches.info removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Websearch.amaizingsearches.info registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Websearch.amaizingsearches.info
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.