WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info is an unfair search engine, which has also been called a “browser hijacker”. The main reason why these conclusions have been done is its ability to make people visit predetermined websites against their will. This is done by returning them altered search results or showing them misleading pop-up ads that are typically filled with in-text links and similar content. If you noticed that WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info hijacked your browsers, it means that you have also been tricked into downloading this suspicious program on your computer. Please, do NOT leave it there because it may easily initiate privacy related issues and similar problems. Besides, you should know that such search sites as this one may be used for tracking people and their browsing habits. They are typically used for collecting people's search terms, information about their browsing habits, data that they enter on each of websites, email addresses, search queries and similar data. No matter that this information is not considered as 'personal', you should remember that people are not asked whether they agree with sharing this data with third parties or not. We highly recommend you to avoid WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info redirects and continue using such well-known search sites as Google, Yahoo and Bing.
How can WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info hijack my computer?
WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info virus takes over the start page or default search engine as soon as it infiltrates the system. In fact, it tricks people into allowing its installation when they download freeware from the Internet without paying an appropriate attention to its installation. In order to avoid this search engine or previous its versions (Websearch.greatresults.info, Websearch.pu-results.info, Websearch.helpmefindyour.info, etc.) that can easily take over the homepage and default search engine, you should always choose Custom or Advanced installation process of the freeware. In addition, be sure you uncheck check boxes that agree with the installation of this search engine. The clearest sign showing that your PC was affected is continuous WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info redirects. If you have already noticed them, don't waste your time and check your computer with reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to see what potentially unwanted programs are hiding in your PC system. Of course, you can also opt for manual removal method but you should be very careful and follow every step of it.
How to remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info virus?
If you discovered WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info instead of your start page or default search engine, you should take into account that it may return for you altered search results, display commercial pop-up ads and initiate similar annoying activities. In addition, you may be led to a seriously infected website seeking to infect computer with malware. That's why we recommend eliminating this hijacker from the system. For that, make sure you follow these steps. As we have already mentioned, you should use automatic removal method when trying to remove ALL questionable programs from the system without leaving any leftovers.
You can remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Safari
Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info removal.
Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info removal.
Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info removal.
Remove WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info removal process.
Complete WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on WebSearch.ExitingSearch.info
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.