What is Websearch.good-results.info?
Websearch.good-results.info is one of these search engines that invade computers without an appropriate permission asked and then start causing such inconveniences as redirects to sponsored websites, tracking of users' browsing habits and slow downs. These activities are usually initiated on each of web browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and others. If you want to avoid Websearch.good-results.info browser hijacker, you need to start monitoring installation of every freeware. Make sure that you monitor installation of every freeware because that's the only way that can be used for preventing suspicious search engines and browser add-ons on your computer.
Once this browser hijacker enters its target PC system, it may alter some of your computer's settings, like the start page, the default search engine, the new tab page, etc. In addition, it may start causing its annoying redirections to unwanted, suspicious and unknown websites. The main reason why users are made to visit such websites against their will is really simple – Websearch.good-results.info virus is seeking to help these websites increase their popularity. Please, do NOT ignore its redirects because you may be redirected to suspicious or even hacked pages that are used just to spread viruses. If you web browser has already been hijacked by Websearch.good-results.info, the last thing that you have to keep in mind is that it may start tracking your browsing activity. It may collect data about your mostly visited websites, data that you add when visiting them, your PC's IP address, its location and similar information that should never be revealed to unknown parties. In order to remove this program from the system, we recommend scanning your machine with reputable anti-spyware, such as Reimage. This will help you to make sure that your computer is totally safe.
How can Websearch.good-results.info hijack my computer?
Websearch.good-results.info redirect virus can only work if browser hijacker gets inside the system and alters some of computer's parameters there. Typically, it changes DNS settings and alters homepage settings on victim's computer, and affect all browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. Besides, some of PC security experts have mentioned that it may also track user's browsing habits in order to show relevant search results in the future. As soon as virus modifies the system, it starts redirecting search sessions and every time you try to browse the web, you are brought to websearch.good-results.info. We do not recommend trusting this site because it , which shouldn't be trusted.
How to remove Websearch.good-results.info virus?
Websearch.good-results.info is not only annoying search engine that interrupts your browsing sessions by causing redirects to its affiliate websites. This search engine can also cause slow downs and may also start tracking your browsing on the web for getting more knowledge about your browsing habits and search terms that you use. No matter that such data is considered as personally non-identifiable, you shouldn't reveal it for unknown parties. In order to protect yourself from such dangerous activity, you should remove Websearch.good-results.info hijacker from your system. That that we recommend using a guide given below.
You can remove Websearch.good-results.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Safari
Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Websearch.good-results.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Websearch.good-results.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Websearch.good-results.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Websearch.good-results.info removal.
Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.good-results.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Websearch.good-results.info removal.
Remove Websearch.good-results.info from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.good-results.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Websearch.good-results.info removal.
Remove Websearch.good-results.info from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Websearch.good-results.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Websearch.good-results.info, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Websearch.good-results.info removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Websearch.good-results.info
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.