Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is one of these annoying search engines that cause unwanted redirections to fishy-looking sites. Besides, they track users' browsing habits and additionally show relevant search results that have nothing in common with the ones that are displayed by Google, Bing or other, typical search engine. If you want to get rid of Websearch.helpmefindyour.info redirects, you should know that first thing you should do is to remove browser hijacker from your computer. This virus is the one, which is responsible for changing your homepage and the default search engine. So, if you surprisingly encounter this site on your Internet browser (it may affect Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, but hasn't been noticed on Safari), you should check your computer with updated anti-spyware, such as
WHY DO I SUFFER FROM REDIRECTIONS TO Websearch.helpmefindyour.info?
As we have said, redirections to websearch.helpmefindyour.info start when computer gets infected with the browser hijacker. Just like any other virus, it can get inside the PC through its backdoors bundled with other infected download. As soon as it enters the system, it modifies it and starts making you use Websearch.helpmefindyour.info for your search sessions. Besides, such viruses may slow down your computer and initiate serious problems when trying to open other legitimate websites. We do not recommend ignoring redirections to websearch.helpmefindyour.info because it may negatively affect your computer. Please, remove Help Me Find Your Info redirect virus as soon as possible.
HOW TO REMOVE Websearch.helpmefindyour.info virus?
If you have no idea how and when this redirect virus came on your computer, scan your PC with updated anti-spyware. We recommend using STOPzilla or SpyHunter for that. Of course, make sure you use updated versions of these programs. You can also try unninstalling websearch.helpmefindyour.info via Add/Remove Programs list, but this doesn't guarantee that you will get rid of all files that belong to this threat. For that, follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for websearch.helpmefindyour.info or similar name and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix your homepage/search engine settings:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’.
- Choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’.
- Reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use