What is Websearch.helpmefindyour.info?
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info is one of these annoying search engines that may cause unwanted redirections to suspicious-looking websites. Besides, such search sites may travel around in a bundle with cookies that may track users' browsing habits and data that is related to them. Typically, such programs record information about people's mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them, their computers' IP address or location, users' email address information and similar data. No matter that it is considered as personally non-identifiable, we still believe that you should keep it for yourself. Otherwise, you can't be guaranteed that this data won't be sent to unknown third parties. Finally, you may notice annoying ads during your browsing that may be filled with relevant information, which is typically selected according to collected data. After clicking these ads, you may be redirected to unknown websites that are typically seeking to increase their page rank or sales. If you don't want to find yourself on a really suspicious domain, you have to stay away form Websearch.helpmefindyour.info redirects as far as possible. The last thing that you should remember about this search engine is that its search results may be altered. In most of the cases, they have nothing in common with the ones that are displayed by Google, Bing or other well known search engine.
If you have just discovered Websearch.helpmefindyour.info on your web browser and you know that you want to get rid of it, you should know that first thing you should do is to scan your computer with updated anti-spyware. That's the easiest way to detect suspicious files and remove them from the system. They are the ones that are responsible for changes of your homepage and the default search engine. Beware that this can be done on each of your Internet browser (it may affect Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, but hasn't been noticed on Safari yet).
How can Websearch.helpmefindyour.info hijack my computer?
Redirections to websearch.helpmefindyour.info may start interrupting you right after installing a free program that is related to this search engine. That's because it has been actively spread with the help of bundling. If you want to avoid this, you have to monitor installation of every download. For that we recommend selecting only custom or advanced installation of the freeware because these methods will help you to see what optional components are hiding inside the freeware. If this search engine manages to enter the system, it may modify some of its settings and then may start causing Websearch.helpmefindyour.info ads, redirects, tracking and similar issues during each of your search sessions. Besides, it may slow down your computer and may initiate serious problems when trying to get rid of it.
HOW TO REMOVE Websearch.helpmefindyour.info virus?
If you have no idea how and when this redirect virus came on your computer, scan your PC with updated anti-spyware. We recommend using STOPzilla or Reimage for that. Of course, make sure you use updated versions of these programs. You can also try unninstalling websearch.helpmefindyour.info via Add/Remove Programs list, but this doesn't guarantee that you will get rid of all files that belong to this threat. For that, follow these steps:
You can remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Safari
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Websearch.helpmefindyour.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Websearch.helpmefindyour.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Websearch.helpmefindyour.info removal.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Websearch.helpmefindyour.info removal.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.helpmefindyour.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Websearch.helpmefindyour.info removal.
Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Websearch.helpmefindyour.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Websearch.helpmefindyour.info, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Websearch.helpmefindyour.info removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.