Websearch.homesearch-hub.info is a website, which is closely related to browser hijacker virus. Once this virus manages to get inside the system, it modifies such system's settings as the start page, default search engine and new tab page. As a result, victim finds himself/herself annoyed by constant redirections to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and other domains when searching on the Internet. This happens on all Internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and others. The main reason, why scammers need such redirects, is to increase web traffic to specific domains. If you are bored by continuous redirections to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, you shouldn't ignore them because you can't be sure that you won't be made to visit malicious site that promotes malware. By the way, some security experts have reported that this site is related to Whitesmoke virus, which has been acting the same.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH Websearch.homesearch-hub.info REDIRECT VIRUS?
As we have said, Websearch.homesearch-hub.info is promoted by browser hijacker, which can get inside the system via several different ways. First of all, this virus can be downloaded in a bundle with freeware, shareware or malware. Besides, it can also get on its target PC from illegal website or the one site that has been hacked by hackers. As soon as it gets inside, it alters homepage, default search engine and similar settings what initiates serious havoc in victim's browsing routine. Besides, you may also receive different kinds of advertisements and sponsored links in your search results because of this hijacker. If suffer from Websearch.homesearch-hub.info redirects, you should check your PC with updated anti-spyware and remove browser hijacker from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Websearch.homesearch-hub.info REDIRECT VIRUS?
If you want to stop redirections to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware. In this case, we recommend using reputable security software, such as STOPzilla or SpyHunter. After that, you should remove malicious entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Websearch, websearch.homesearch and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
In addition, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Websearch, websearch.homesearch and similar entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Websearch, websearch.homesearch and similar entries, and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use