Help! I think something is wrong with my computer. It works really slow now! I have checked the Windows Task Manager and I have ended all tasks that were using a lot of computer resources. However, it did not help! I have noticed a program named Websearch.exe. I am sure I did not install it, could it be the cause my computer problems?
Facts about Websearch.homesearch-hub.info:
Websearch.homesearch-hub.info is a website, which is related to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info browser hijacker. Once this potentially unwanted program (PUP) manages to get inside the system, it modifies such system's settings as the web browser's start page, default search engine and the new tab page. As a result, victim finds himself/herself annoyed by constant redirections to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and other domains when searching on the Internet. This happens on all Internet browsers, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari and others. The main reason, why scammers need such redirects, is to increase web traffic to specific domains. If you are bored by continuous redirections to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, you should not ignore them because you can't be sure that you won't be forced to visit an unreliable site that may promote very critical programs. By the way, some security experts have reported that this site is related to Whitesmoke virus, which has been acting the same as Websearch.homesearch-hub.info hijacker.
Why do I experience Websearch.homesearch-hub.info redirects?
As soon as Websearch.homesearch-hub.info gets inside victim's PC, it alters homepage, default search engine, and similar settings what initiates serious havoc in victim's browsing routine. Besides, you may also receive different kinds of advertisements and sponsored links in your search results because of this hijacker. If you are suffering from Websearch.homesearch-hub.info redirects, you should check your PC with updated anti-spyware - Reimage and remove browser hijacker from the system.
As we have already said, Websearch.homesearch-hub.info is promoted by the browser hijacker, which can get inside the system via several different ways. First of all, this virus can be downloaded as an attachment in a software bundle together with charge-free programs. Besides, it can also get on its target PC from an illegal website or the one site that has been hacked by hackers. You must avoid clicking on suspicious links and do not surf through fake and unreliable websites. Also, if you decide to download a free program from the Internet, be very careful. Before downloading it, check if the website you do want to download the program from is the official one. If not, there are great chances you may receive a bundled software pack. However, you can still refuse to install additional components by setting good installation settings. So do not hesitate and opt out the classical "standard," "basic" or "default" installation options and opt for either "custom" or "advanced" one. Therefore, you shall see that the setup's window has expanded; also, you should see a list of statements. Read them - these statements claim that you agree to install optional applications like adware, browser hijackers, plug-ins or add-ons. Untick these agreements and finish the installation process. However, if you think that this browser hijacker has already infected your system and slows down your work on your computer, you should look for solutions how to remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info.
Ways to remove this suspicious application from your PC:
No need to mention that Websearch.homesearch-hub.info virus is not a program that is desired by PC users; obviously, it only seeks to achieve its aims and it does not provide any useful information as a search engine. Plus, think about the decreased quality of computer performance and possible risks in the future - Websearch.homesearch-hub.info is hardly beneficial at all. If you want to stop redirections to Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware or use steps that are given below.
You can remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Safari
Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Websearch.homesearch-hub.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Websearch.homesearch-hub.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Websearch.homesearch-hub.info removal.
Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Websearch.homesearch-hub.info removal.
Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.homesearch-hub.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Websearch.homesearch-hub.info removal.
Remove Websearch.homesearch-hub.info from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Websearch.homesearch-hub.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Websearch.homesearch-hub.info, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Websearch.homesearch-hub.info removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Comments on Websearch.homesearch-hub.info
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.