WebSearch.pu-result.info is a potentially malicious search engine, which can easily return altered search results and then redirect people to unwanted websites. Besides, it can also track users and their browsing habits, show annoying pop-up advertisements and initiate other problems that pose a harm for computers and their security. While it hasn't been found that it has a malicious code inside, you shouldn't use this website in your daily cyber routine because there is a serious risk of being rerouted to illegal site, which pays for websearch.pu-result.info's owners for promotion. Besides, just like Websearch.helpmefindyour.info or Websearch.lookforithere.info, it can cause unwanted Toolbars and other programs installed on your machine without any permission asked. We highly recommend relying on reputable search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing. In addition, if you suffer from WebSearch.pu-result.info redirects, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware.
WHY AM I REDIRECTED TO WebSearch.pu-result.info?
The main reason, why you have to check your PC with security software when suffer from redirections to the site, is that WebSearch.pu-result.info is promoted by browser hijacker virus. It helps for this website to take over the start page, new tab page and default search engine as soon as it gets inside its target PC. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should know that this virus can be easily spread by infected or illegal downloads, illegal websites, spam and similar things. Besides, malware can also be involved to the distribution of this threat. As soon as it gets inside, it modifies PC's settings in order to make WebSearch.pu-result.info appear instead of the start page, new tab page, default search engine and similar places. Please, do NOT ignore these changes because they clearly show that your machine is infected!
HOW TO REMOVE WebSearch.pu-result.info redirect virus?
If you want to remove WebSearch.pu-result.info redirect virus, you should firstly remove this program via Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WebSearch and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Besides, you should also scan the system with updated STOPzilla, SpyHunter or other reputable security application in order to make sure that you haven't downloaded more viruses on your computer.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall WebSearch.pu-result.info.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find WebSearch.pu-result.info and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use