WebSearch.pu-result.info is a potentially malicious search engine, which can easily return altered search results and then redirect people to unwanted websites. Besides, it can also track users and their browsing habits, show annoying pop-up advertisements and initiate other problems that pose a harm for computers and their security. While it hasn't been found that it has a malicious code inside, you shouldn't use this website in your daily cyber routine because there is a serious risk of being rerouted to illegal site, which pays for websearch.pu-result.info's owners for promotion. Besides, just like Websearch.helpmefindyour.info or Websearch.lookforithere.info, it can cause unwanted Toolbars and other programs installed on your machine without any permission asked. We highly recommend relying on reputable search engines, such as Google, Yahoo, Bing. In addition, if you suffer from WebSearch.pu-result.info redirects, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware.
WHY AM I REDIRECTED TO WebSearch.pu-result.info?
The main reason, why you have to check your PC with security software when suffer from redirections to the site, is that WebSearch.pu-result.info is promoted by browser hijacker virus. It helps for this website to take over the start page, new tab page and default search engine as soon as it gets inside its target PC. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should know that this virus can be easily spread by infected or illegal downloads, illegal websites, spam and similar things. Besides, malware can also be involved to the distribution of this threat. As soon as it gets inside, it modifies PC's settings in order to make WebSearch.pu-result.info appear instead of the start page, new tab page, default search engine and similar places. Please, do NOT ignore these changes because they clearly show that your machine is infected!
HOW TO REMOVE WebSearch.pu-result.info virus?
If you want to remove WebSearch.pu-result.info redirect virus, you should follow these steps:
You can remove WebSearch.pu-result.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual WebSearch.pu-result.info Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall WebSearch.pu-result.info and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WebSearch.pu-result.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for WebSearch.pu-result.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall WebSearch.pu-result.info from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for WebSearch.pu-result.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete WebSearch.pu-result.info removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select WebSearch.pu-result.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete WebSearch.pu-result.info removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select WebSearch.pu-result.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete WebSearch.pu-result.info removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for WebSearch.pu-result.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by WebSearch.pu-result.info, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete WebSearch.pu-result.info removal process.
Step 4: Complete WebSearch.pu-result.info removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of WebSearch.pu-result.info registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.