Websearch.search-guide.info is a misleading search engine, which mostly shows up on computers after installing other programs. In most of the cases, such websites are promoted via freeware and shareware, so try to be very careful when installing such programs on your computer. If Websearch.search-guide.info infiltrates the system, it immediately alters start page and default search engine. These changes are typically made on all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. As a result, victim starts noticing continuous redirections to unknown websites, sees commercial ads and may also notice system's slow downs. That's why we don't recommend leaving Websearch.search-guide.info on computer. Instead of it, you should rely on more advanced search engines.
HOW CAN Websearch.search-guide.info hijack MY COMPUTER?
Similarly to Websearch.searchere.info, Websearch.good-results.info or Websearch.searchboxes.info, Websearch.search-guide.info is promoted using unfair distribution techniques that rely on freeware and shareware. If you don't pay enough attention to the installation process of such programs, you may also miss this check mark, which agrees to set Websearch.search-guide.info as a start page or default search engine. However, this is not the only activity, which is initiated by this program. It can also download and install other programs, show continuous pop-up notifications and make you visit unknown websites. If you want to avoid that, you should remove Websearch.search-guide.info from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Websearch.search-guide.info virus?
If you noticed that your browsers redirect you to Websearch.search-guide.info and similar websites, you should immediately scan your machine with a reputable anti-spyware of follow a guide given below.
You can remove Websearch.search-guide.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Websearch.search-guide.info Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Websearch.search-guide.info and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Websearch.search-guide.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Websearch.search-guide.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from Windows shortcuts↷ Step 3
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.
Step 3: Uninstall Websearch.search-guide.info from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 4
Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Websearch.search-guide.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Websearch.search-guide.info removal.
Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.search-guide.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Websearch.search-guide.info removal.
Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.search-guide.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Websearch.search-guide.info removal.
Remove Websearch.search-guide.info from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Websearch.search-guide.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Websearch.search-guide.info, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Websearch.search-guide.info removal process.
Step 4: Complete Websearch.search-guide.info removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Websearch.search-guide.info registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.