Websearch.search-guide.info is a misleading search engine, which mostly shows up on computers after installing other programs. In most of the cases, such websites are promoted via freeware and shareware, so try to be very careful when installing such programs on your computer. If Websearch.search-guide.info infiltrates the system, it immediately alters start page and default search engine. These changes are typically made on all Internet browsers, including Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. As a result, victim starts noticing continuous redirections to unknown websites, sees commercial ads and may also notice system's slow downs. That's why we don't recommend leaving Websearch.search-guide.info on computer. Instead of it, you should rely on more advanced search engines.
HOW CAN Websearch.search-guide.info APPEAR ON MY COMPUTER?
Similarly to Websearch.searchere.info, Websearch.good-results.info or Websearch.searchboxes.info, Websearch.search-guide.info is promoted using unfair distribution techniques that rely on freeware and shareware. If you don't pay enough attention to the installation process of such programs, you may also miss this check mark, which agrees to set Websearch.search-guide.info as a start page or default search engine. However, this is not the only activity, which is initiated by this program. It can also download and install other programs, show continuous pop-up notifications and make you visit unknown websites. If you want to avoid that, you should remove Websearch.search-guide.info from the system.
HOW TO REMOVE Websearch.search-guide.info?
If you noticed that your browsers redirect you to Websearch.search-guide.info and similar websites, you should immediately scan your machine with any of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
After that, you should follow this guide and get rid of this sneaky search engine for good:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Websearch.search-guide.info, DoowNLoad keepeR, Search Assistant WebSearch, SearchNewTa" and ss helper.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Websearch.search-guide.info and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Websearch.search-guide.info and other entries that are unknown and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use