Websearch.searchboxes.info is a search site, which is often accused for browser's redirections and annoying pop-up ads that show up every time user starts browsing on the Internet. Technically, it is not a virus, but there are many PC users who call this site 'browser hijacker' or 'redirect virus'. Please, don't use Websearch.searchboxes.info if it has appeared on your browsers out of nowhere. After infiltrating computers in a bundle with third party software, it can easily start showing up as a start page and default search engine. In addition, it may start returning altered search results and also track your browsing habits for marketing purpose. Be sure that these activities are illegal and should never be ignored.
WHY AM I REDIRECTED TO Websearch.searchboxes.info?
As we have mentioned, Websearch.searchboxes.info can infiltrate computer in a bundle with third party software. If you want to prevent its infiltration, you should be very careful when downloading freeware and shareware, such as download-managers or PDF creators. When downloading such application, we highly recommend monitoring every installation window and reading every sentence, which is displayed on it. If you see unknown entries and conditions, eliminate them. Once inside, Websearch.searchboxes.info is typically set as a start page and default search engine. If you search the web with its help, you can be easily rerouted to potentially malicious website. Please, stay away from this search engine and use more reputable search site to make sure that you receive fair search results.
HOW TO REMOVE Websearch.searchboxes.info?
If you want to remove Websearch.searchboxes.info from your computer, you should firstly remove this program via Add/Remove Programs list. For that:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for WebSearch, Websearch.searchboxes.info and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Besides, you should also scan the system with updated SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware or other reputable security application in order to make sure that you haven't downloaded more viruses on your computer.
Finally, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Websearch.searchboxes.info.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Websearch.searchboxes.info and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use