What is Websearch.searchrocket.info?
Websearch.searchrocket.info is a sneaky search engine, which is has also been labeled as a browser hijacker. You should be very careful with it because it may show you altered search results when it is used for searching the web. In addition, it may show you lots of commercial ads and links in its search results that may redirect you to unknown and suspicious websites. If you want to avoid them, you should use only reputable search sites, such as Google, Yahoo or Bing. If Websearch.searchrocket.info gets into its target PC system, it may start its activity with system's modifications that can easily make you look at a new start page or default search engine. In addition, it may start causing redirects on each of your web browsers that seek only to trick people into visiting predetermined websites. Be sure that it is done not for letting you know about these unknown domains. This is done for helping these websites to increase their page rank or sales. In addition, some of them may be filled with useless programs that are seeking to increase their popularity, so you should try to avoid Websearch.searchrocket.info redirects as hard as you can. Otherwise, you can be redirected to malicious website that promotes malware. Besides, this search engine is similar to other search sites, so there is no surprise that it is capable of tracking people's browsing activity and collecting such data as their mostly visited websites and data that they enter when visiting them. No matter that such information is considered as personally non-identifiable, you should be very careful with programs that have ability to collect it because you can never know what parties are capable of reaching it. If Websearch.searchrocket.info has just appeared on your web browser, you should scan your PC with anti-sptyware and remove suspicious files form the system. We recommend using such tools as SpyHunter (Windows OS), Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus (Windows and Mac OS X).
How can Websearch.searchrocket.info hijack my computer?
Websearch.searchrocket.info search engine is promoted via two different methods. You can make it your start page or defualt search engine consciously or not. If you want to prevent unexpected infiltration of this browser hijacker, you should start monitoring installation of the freeware. If you don't monitor this process, you can easily find out that Websearch.searchrocket.info infiltrated your PC system and now is waiting for your first search session. If you want to avoid that, you have to double check each of freewares before their installation. For that you should select Custom or Advanced installation method. In addition, make sure you have an updated anti-virus and anti-spyware on your computer if you want to prevent such PUPs like this one. As soon as it gets inside, it may easily alter your system's settings and may also modify each of your browsers. This may cause continuous redirections to unknown websites, slow downs and other issues. Please, don't use this unfair search engine for your search sessions! If you have already been affected by it, you should use a guide below and fix your computer.
HOW TO REMOVE Websearch.searchrocket.info VIRUS?
In order to get rid of Websearch.searchrocket.info redirects, you should scan your PC with updated anti-spyware or follow these instructions:
You can remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Safari
Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Websearch.SearchRocket.info or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
- Right click on the shortcut of Mozilla Firefox and select Properties.
- Go to Shortcut tab and look at the Target field. Delete malicious URL that is related to your virus.
Repeat steps that are given above with all browsers' shortcuts, including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Make sure you check all locations of these shortcuts, including Desktop, Start Menu and taskbar.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Websearch.SearchRocket.info or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Websearch.SearchRocket.info and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Websearch.SearchRocket.info removal.
Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.SearchRocket.info and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the menu (top right corner), choose Options → General.
- Here, delete malicious URL and enter preferable website or click Restore to default.
- Click OK to save these changes.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Websearch.SearchRocket.info removal.
Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Websearch.SearchRocket.info and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon and choose Settings.
- Here, look for the Open a specific page or set of pages under On startup option and click on Set pages.
- Now you should see another window. Here, delete malicious search sites and enter the one that you want to use as your homepage.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Websearch.SearchRocket.info removal.
Remove Websearch.SearchRocket.info from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for Websearch.SearchRocket.info or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open your Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu section. Here, select Preferences as it was displayed previously and select General.
- Here, look at the Homepage field. If it was altered by Websearch.SearchRocket.info, remove unwanted link and enter the one that you want to use for your searches. Remember to include the "http://" before typing in the address of the page.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Websearch.SearchRocket.info removal process.
Complete Websearch.SearchRocket.info removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Websearch.SearchRocket.info registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on Websearch.SearchRocket.info
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.