Websearch.WebIsGreat.info is an untrustworthy search engine, which can easily show up on your computer without an appropriate permission asked. No matter that it looks trustworthy, it seems that it can hardly replace Google, Yahoo and similar search engines. If you found this page instead of your start page or default search engine, beware that it may return altered search results, display commercial advertisements and may even start collecting information about your search terms, mostly visited websites and similar activities. This is done for a very simple reason - Websearch.WebIsGreat.info seeks to earn some easy money for its creators. If you want to protect your personal information, you should avoid such programs.
How can Websearch.WebIsGreat.info infiltrate my computer?
In most of the cases, such programs are downloaded from the Internet unconsciously in a bundle with Fast Free Convertor and similar free downloads. If you want to avoid Websearch.WebIsGreat.info and similar adware, you should start paying more attention to freeware's installation and uncheck these checkboxes that say 'Make Websearch.WebIsGreat.info my homepage' and similar. For that, we always recommend choosing Custom or Advanced installation. If you were tricked into changing your start page or default search engine to this site, you shouldn't leave this search engine on your computer. In this case, you should check your machine with updated anti-spyware and remove malicious files from the system. Once you do that, don't forget to change your system settings back to normal.
How to remove Websearch.WebIsGreat.info?
If you need to remove Websearch.WebIsGreat.info from your computer, follow this guide:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for unknown entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
After that, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Once you finish that, change your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find Rapid Searcher and other unknown extensions, and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
Finally, scan your computer with updated anti-spyware and make sure that it's free of viruses. For that we recommend using SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use