White Screen FBI virus is a dangerous ransomware, which can also be called as a renewed version of FBI virus. When infected with this threat, you will notice a white screen instead of your logon screen or a misleading warning, which blocks the whole system. If you see a completely white screen, that means that ransomware failed to load properly. However, if you see a notification, virus is active and it will do its best to convince you to pay a fine of $300 via Moneypak or other prepayment system. For that, White Screen FBI virus firstly reports about various law violations that were supposedly noticed by FBI. It may accuse you of watching pornographic material, using copyrighted content or simply spreading malware. After that, virus asks to pay a fine via Moneypak, Ukash or other legitimate prepayment system and promises that this will unblock victim's computer. Remember, if you see a such warning, you must ignore it because it's nothing else but a hoax.
HOW CAN White Screen FBI virus INFECT MY COMPUTER?
White Screen FBI virus is distributed in the same way as other ransomware viruses. According to experts, it closely relies on trojan horse, which exploits security vulnerabilities for getting inside the system undetected. Once this virus enters the PC, it downloads malicious files that belong to White Screen FBI virus and locks it down. As a result, user sees a white screen with the mouse cursor or this fake notification that accuses him/her of viewing videos that are related to child pornography. Please, ignore this fake warning message and never pay the money via Moneypak. In order to fix your computer, you have to remove White Screen FBI virus from the system without any delay.
HOW TO REMOVE White Screen FBI virus?
Remember, no matter if you see a white screen or a warning from FBI, you are infected with the same ransomware. In most of occasions, users can't reach the Internet or launch legitimate security programs when having this virus on their computers. In order to unlock your PC and get the ability to scan it with the reputable anti-malware, we recommend following these steps:
1. Take another machine and use it to download Reimage or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with White Screen FBI virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with White Screen FBI virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual White Screen FBI virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable your virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated Reimage to remove remaining virus files.
White Screen FBI virus manual removal: