White Screen virus is a completely annoying badware, which blocks computer's system and shows a huge white blank screen covering the entire PC's desktop. This fake white alert hides all desktop icons, shows no task bar and the startup menu. Instead of that, it shows a message from the governmental authority of UK, USA, Canada or other country depending on victim's location. In addition, it shows computer's IP address and claims that its owner has to pay a fine for various law violations detected. If he/she won't do that within 48 hours, virus promises that there is a huge possibility of getting into the jail. Please, do NOT pay this fine, which varies from 100 dollars to 100 pounds. Just like FBI Paypal virus, FBI virus and many other malware, White Screen virus needs to be eliminated as soon as possible. However, the fact that it belongs to the category of ransomwares means that its removal may be an extremely hard task because such threats tend to block the entire PC's system. However, you need to follow our detailed guide given below and remove this sneaky parasite for good.
HOW CAN I GET INFECTED WITH White Screen virus?
White Screen virus has been actively spreading around these days. If you are one of these people who have got infected with it, you must have opened an infected email or visited a hacked site. As soon as such scareware gets on its victim's computer, it blocks it down and starts showing a warning from the police station or other governmental authority. Of course, it tries to scare PC users and make them pay the fine. For that, it blocks the entire system down and shows a huge alert reporting about various law violations detected. White Screen virus uses English language in order to trick much more PC users all around the world. If you have also been infected, you should stay away from its commands and never pay the fine because it doesn't help when trying to unblock the system. In order to do that, you have to remove White Screen virus from your computer as soon as possible.
HOW TO REMOVE WHITE SCREEN VIRUS?
When having White Screen virus on your PC, you have to unlock your computer first and get ability to launch your anti-malware. In order to do that, follow these options:
* Flash drive method:
1. Take another machine and use it to download SpyHunter, STOPzilla or other reputable anti-malware program.
2. Update the program and put into the USB drive or simple CD.
3. In the meanwhile, reboot your infected machine to Safe Mode with command prompt and stick USB drive in it.
4. Reboot computer infected with White Screen virus once more and run a full system scan.
* Users infected with White Screen virus are allowed to access other accounts on their Windows systems. If one of such accounts has administrator rights, you should be capable to launch anti-malware program.
* Try to deny the Flash to make your ransomware stop function as intended. In order to disable the Flash, go to Macromedia support and select 'Deny': http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/help09.html. After doing that, run a full system scan with anti-malware program.
* Manual White Screen virus removal:
- Reboot you infected PC to 'Safe mode with command prompt' to disable FBI Paypal virus (this should be working with all versions of this threat)
- Run Regedit
- Search for WinLogon Entries and write down all the files that are not explorer.exe or blank. Replace them with explorer.exe.
- Search the registry for these files you have written down and delete the registry keys referencing the files.
- Reboot and run a full system scan with updated SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
White Screen virus manual removal
Geolocation of White Screen virus
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on White Screen virus
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.