wxDownload Fast (also known as wxDFast) is a potentially unwanted program, which may appear on your computer after installing some other free program from the Internet. This application is usually promoted as an open source download manager. However, it may also start causing commercial pop-up ads and interrupt into your browsing with its underlined words, banner ads and similar notifications. If you don't know why it's done, the answer is very simple – its creators seek to earn some money easy money by redirecting people to related websites and increasing their sales. Please, be careful with wxDownload Fast ads because they may redirect you to insecure websites and may try to make you install programs that belong to the same (PUP) category.
How can wxDownload Fast infiltrate my computer?
wxDownload Fast can be downloaded from the Internet just like any other legitimate application. However, it seems that this program may also infiltrate computers with a help of unfair methods that typically rely on freeware and shareware. If you want to prevent infiltration of wxDFast and similar free applications, you should they to pay more attention to freeware's installation. In addition, deselect all check marks that say that you agree to install additional downloads like this one. If wxDownload Fast has already been installed on your computer, you can remove it with a help of this guide:
How to remove wxDownload Fast?
If you noticed wxDownload Fast or wxDFast on your computer and you are sure that you want to remove it from there, you should follow these instructions:
- Uninstall wxDownload Fast via Add/Remove Programs:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a Program.
- When in the Add/Remove Programs/Uninstall a Program, look for wxDownload Fast and other recently installed free applications and uninstall them.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Remove wxDownload Fast from your browsers (Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer):
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- After that, reset your homepage.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Once you finish that, reset your homepage.
- Click the Chrome menu button on the Google Chrome browser, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions'.
- Here, look for wxDownload Fast and other unknown extensions and get rid of them by clicking on the Recycle Bin.
- Once you follow these steps, reset your homepage.
- Finally, scan computer with any of these applications and make sure that your machine is clean. We recommend using Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus.