XP AntiMalware is a rogue anti-malware program that is promoted through the use of Trojans, browser hijackers and other similar malware. When your computer is infected with this bogus software, you will see many fake security alerts and notifications stating that your computer is infected. While running, XPAntiMalware will supposedly scan your computer and display a variety of infections that won’t be removed unless you first purchase the program. The scan results are false, you can safely ignore them. The same could be said about fake system security alerts, you should ignore them too.
To make things even worse, XP AntiMalware will hijack Internet Explorer so that you will be constantly redirected to various misleading websites that promote malicious software or display misleading online ads. The rogue application will also block security related websites and antivirus software to protect itself form being deleted. As you can see, program is nothing more but a scam. Please use the removal guide below to remove XP AntiMalware from your PC as soon as possible.
XP AntiMalware removal instructions:
1. Click Start->Run (or WinKey+R). Input: “command”. Press Enter or click OK.
2. Type “notepad” as shown in the image below and press Enter. Notepad will open.
3. Copy and past the following text into Notepad:
4. Save file as “exefix.reg” (without quotation-marks) to your Desktop.
NOTE: choose Save as type: All files
5. Double-click to open exefix.reg. Click “Yes” for Registry Editor prompt window.
6. Download STOPzilla or an automatic removal tool below. Update STOPzilla and run a full system scan.
If you can’t complete the above steps then please use another PC to download an automatic removal tool and exefix.reg (Right Click (Save Target As)) to download file. Copy these files to USB flash drive or any other external media and transfer them to infected computer. Launch exefix.reg file first and then install STOPzilla.
XP AntiMalware manual removal:
%UserProfile%Local SettingsApplication Dataave.exe