To make things even worse, XP AntiMalware will hijack Internet Explorer so that you will be constantly redirected to various misleading websites that promote malicious software or display misleading online ads. The rogue application will also block security related websites and antivirus software to protect itself form being deleted. As you can see, program is nothing more but a scam. Please use the removal guide below to remove XP AntiMalware from your PC as soon as possible.
XP AntiMalware removal instructions:
1. Click Start->Run (or WinKey+R). Input: "command". Press Enter or click OK.
2. Type "notepad" as shown in the image below and press Enter. Notepad will open.
3. Copy and past the following text into Notepad:
4. Save file as "exefix.reg" (without quotation-marks) to your Desktop.
NOTE: choose Save as type: All files
5. Double-click to open exefix.reg. Click "Yes" for Registry Editor prompt window.
6. Download Spyware Doctor or an automatic removal tool below. Update Spyware Doctor and run a full system scan.
If you can't complete the above steps then please use another PC to download an automatic removal tool and exefix.reg (Right Click (Save Target As)) to download file. Copy these files to USB flash drive or any other external media and transfer them to infected computer. Launch exefix.reg file first and then install Spyware Doctor. XP AntiMalware properties:
• Changes browser settings
• Shows commercial adverts
• Connects itself to the internet
• Stays resident in background
XP AntiMalware manual removal
Delete registry values:
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.exeshellopencommand | @ = ????%AppData%ave.exe?? /START ??%1?³ %*??
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.exeshellopencommand | IsolatedCommand = ????%1?³ %*??
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.exe | @ = ??secfile??
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClasses.exe | Content Type = ??application/x-msdownload??
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClassessecfileshellopencommand | @ = ????%AppData%ave.exe?? /START ??%1?³ %*??
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareClassessecfileshellopencommand | IsolatedCommand = ????%1?³ %*??
%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ave.exe
Geolocation of XP AntiMalware
Comments on XP AntiMalware
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.