What is xVidly?
xVidly is a potentially unwanted application, which is presented as a useful tool. However, before you install this program on your computer, you should pay attention to this post and think twice. We say so because this program may try to initiate serious havoc on your computer, which may lead it to some additional problems. Some PC users have asked us how could have they download this program on their computers. The answer is really simple – xVidly is spread using two different distribution methods: it can be downloaded from its official website or it may infiltrate computers in a bundle with other applications without an appropriate permission asked. That's why you have to be very careful when downloading freeware, shareware and similar software to your computer. In addition, it's not only a distribution method that has encouraged us to mention this program on our blog. You should also know that xVidly adware may easily alter your PC's settings and then start interrupting you to continuous pop-up ads, redirects and similar issues while you are browsing on the Internet. In most of the cases, it causes annoying ads that are seeking to trick people into clicking them. Once you click on any of xVidly ads, you may be tricked into visiting unknown, suspicious and sometimes even malicious websites.
If this application or xVidly toolbar has appeared on your computer, you should stay away from its ads. In addition, we highly recommend avoiding its search box because it may show you altered search results. No matter how harmless it may sound, these results may trick you into visiting unsafe and very suspicious websites. If you have already been dealing with continuous pop-up advertisements and warnings, you should check your computer for xVidly. If it's hiding in it and you know that you haven't downloaded it by yourself, you should remove it from the system without a delay. The easiest way to do that is with a help of updated anti-spyware. We recommend using Reimage or other reputable security tool.
HOW CAN xVidly hijack my PC SYSTEM?
Xvidly can be downloaded from its official website as a download manager, but it can also get inside the system in a bundle with other programs. In most of the cases, you can find its name in the components list of the freeware and shareware, so you should always monitor installation of such software and eliminate pre-checked checkboxes that claim that you want to install xVidly on your computer. If this program has already managed to get inside your PC system, it may affect all of your Internet browsers that are installed on the system. So, it may show up as a toolbar on IE, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and may start offering its services when you start searching the Internet. Please, stay away from xVidly. We recommend removing it if you haven't downloaded it consciously.
HOW TO REMOVE XVIDLY virus?
Many users find problems when trying to eliminate xVidly from their computers. If you want to get rid of this adware, you should follow these steps:
You can remove xVidly automatically with a help of one of these programs: Reimage, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Step 2. Remove xVidly from Mac OS X
Step 3. Remove xVidly from Internet Explorer
Step 4. Remove xVidly from Mozilla Firefox
Step 5. Remove xVidly from Google Chrome
Step 6. Remove xVidly from Safari
Remove xVidly from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
Remove xVidly from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for xVidly or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
Remove xVidly from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for xVidly or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.WindowsMac OS XInternet ExplorerFirefoxGoogle ChromeSafari
Remove xVidly from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for xVidly and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete xVidly removal.
Remove xVidly from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select xVidly and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete xVidly removal.
Remove xVidly from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select xVidly and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete xVidly removal.
Remove xVidly from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extensions and look for xVidly or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete xVidly removal process.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of xVidly
Removal guides in other languages
Comments on xVidly
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.