xVidly is a potentially unwanted application, which is presented as a useful tool. However, once it is installed, it can initiate serious havoc and lead to some problems. Some PC users have asked us how could have they downloaded this program on their computers. The answers is really simple – xVidly is spread using two different distribution methods: it can be downloaded from its official website or infiltrate copmuters in a bundle with other applications without an appropriate permission asked. As soon as it does that, it alters PC's settings and starts interrutping victims when they browse on the Internet. In most of the cases, xVidly shows up as a toolbar, which has a search box. We don't recommend using it for your search sessions because you will be constantly redirected to wrong sites. Besides, you may also see continuous pop-up advertisements and warnings because of this app. If you haven't downloaded and installed it on your computer, you should remove xVidly from the system without a delay.
HOW CAN xVidly GET INSIDE THE SYSTEM?
Xvidly can be downloaded from its official website as a download manager, but it can also get inside the system in a bundle with other programs. In most of the cases, you can find the entry with its name in the components list of the freeware, so you should always eliminate it and prevent xVidly's infiltration. If this program manages to get inside, it affects all Internet browsers that are installed on the system. So, it shows up as a toolbar on IE, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome and offers its services when user starts searching on the Internet. Please, stay away from xVidly. We recommend removing it if you haven't downloaded it consciously.
HOW TO REMOVE XVIDLY?
Many users find problems when trying to eliminate xVidly from their computers. If you want to get rid of this adware, you should follow these steps:
First of all, remove program's entries from Add/Remove Programs list. For that follow these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Xvidly and similar entries and select 'Uninstall/Change'.
- Click OK to save the changes.
In addition, fix each of your browsers with a help of these steps:
- Open Internet Explorer, go ‘Tools‘ -> ”Manage Add-ons’ -> ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall Xvidly and other entries that are unknown for you.
- Click ''Tools' -> 'Manage addons' -> ‘Search Providers’ and choose the search engine you used before.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Add-ons’ -> ‘Extensions’; find Xvidly and other unknown entries and click ‘Uninstall’.
- Go ‘Tools’ -> ‘Options’ and reset the startup homepage to google.com, yahoo.com or similar search page.
- Click on the ‘Customize and control Google Chrome’ icon, select ‘Options’ -> ‘Basic’ and change the homepage to google.com or other.
- Click the ‘Manage search engines…’ -> choose ‘Google’ and make it the default search engine.
Finally, if you haven't installed Xvidly manually, you should also scan your PC with SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware and remove malicious files from the system.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use