Youtube Accelerator is a great example of how easily you can get tricked into downloading hardly useful programs on your computer. Of course, the first impression about it can be deceiving. Although this program promises lots of various features, it seems it's just another program that can be categorized as potentially unwanted (PUP). When added to one's system, this ad-supported plug-in may start showing its irritating and annoying pop-ups. In addition, as soon as Youtube Accelerator hijacks each of web browsers, it may start collecting information about a person and record such details as his/hers browsing habits, search terms, mostly visited websites and similar data. Sometimes the loss of such information may cause the loss of personally identifiable data.
How can Youtube Accelerator appear on my PC?
Many people have downloaded Youtube Accelerator as a tool that can improve their browsing experience, video streaming, ability to use instant video search and video downloading options. Sounds great, right? However, its publisher forgets to mention that it may also start displaying commercial pop-ups, in-text ads, banner- ads and similar activities. It should also be mentioned that this and similar programs may infiltrate your PC unnoticed because they rely on unfair distribution and marketing methods. Sometimes Youtube Accelerator or similar ad-supported plug-in may be attached to freewares or sharewares. That is why our security experts are recommending being very cautious when installing questionable programs. By selecting “advanced” or “custom” installation method you can follow each installation step and unmark all doubtful extensions/plug-ins/toolbars. If Youtube Accelerator virus was added to your system without your permission, we strongly recommend to remove it.
How to remove Youtube Accelerator?
If you are experiencing commercial pop-up ads and similar symptoms, there is a high possibility that Youtube Accelerator has been installed on your system and is now influencing your browsing experience. In order to remove this unwanted pest from your system, just follow these guidelines:
- Uninstall unknown freeware via Add/Remove Programs list. For that, use these instructions:
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Add/Remove Programs) -> Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for YouTube Accelerator and other recently installed freeware.
- Select 'Uninstall/Change' and click OK to save the changes.
- Finally, reset your browsers:
- Open Internet Explorer, click the Gear icon or ‘Tools‘ -> 'Internet Options'.
- Here, go to the 'Advanced' tab and click the 'Reset' button.
- Go to the 'Reset Internet Explorer settings' -> 'Delete personal settings' and click on 'Reset' option.
- Finally, click 'Close' and OK to save the changes.
- Open Mozilla Firefox, go to the 'Help' section -> 'Troubleshooting Information'.
- Here, choose a 'Reset Firefox’ for a couple of times and 'Finish'.
- Click the Chrome menu button, select 'Tools' -> 'Extensions', find unknown extensions and remove them by clicking Recycle bin.
- Now click 'Settings' -> 'Show Advanced settings' -> 'Reset browser settings' and click 'Reset'.
We also recommend scanning computer with reliable anti-spyware to make sure that it's free of PUPs leftovers and other insecure programs. For that you can use STOPzilla, SpyHunter or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
It might be that we are affiliated with any of our recommended products. Full disclosure can be found in our Agreement of Use.
and Agreement of Use