What is Youtube Accelerator?
Youtube Accelerator is a great example of how easily you can get tricked into downloading hardly useful programs to your computer. Of course, the first impression about this program can be deceiving and can easily make you think that this program is totally useful. However, although it promises lots of various features, it seems it's just another program that can be categorized as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). When added to one's system, this ad-supported plug-in may alter each of your web browsers. After adding its add on to Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers, it may start showing its irritating and annoying pop-ups. In addition to that, Youtube Accelerator may start initiating annoying redirects to its affiliate websites. No matter that they look like normal domains, you should be careful with each of them because they may trick you into downloading other questionable programs to your computer. Finally, such programs may start collecting information about person's browsing habits and mostly visited websites. Such data is considered as personally non-identifiable but we still believe that you should be careful with programs that are capable of accumulating it because sometimes the loss of such information may cause an increased amount of spam and similar issues. That's why we want to recommend you to avoid this program. In order to remove it from the system, you should use a guide below or simply run a full system scan with SpyHunter.
How can Youtube Accelerator appear on my PC?
Many people have downloaded Youtube Accelerator as a tool that is capable of improving their browsing experience by improving the video streaming speed, giving them an ability to use instant video search and/or video downloading options. Sounds great, right? However, its publisher has clearly forgotten to mention that it may also start displaying commercial pop-ups, in-text ads, banner ads and similar advertisements during your browsing. It should also be mentioned that this program may cause redirects and slow downs on each of your web browsers. Besides, you shouldn't be surprised after hearing that such and similar programs may infiltrate your PC unnoticed because they rely on a popular but still very questionable distribution and marketing method that is called as bundling. So, beware that sometimes Youtube Accelerator or similar ad-supported plug-ins may be attached to various freewares or sharewares as optional components. That is why our security experts are recommending being very cautious when installing questionable programs. You should try to select “advanced” or “custom” installation method and then try to follow each installation step. In addition, uncheck all doubtful check marks that are usually pre-checked by the developer. If Youtube Accelerator virus was added to your system without your permission asked, we strongly recommend removing it..
How to remove Youtube Accelerator?
If you are experiencing commercial pop-up ads and similar symptoms, there is a high possibility that Youtube Accelerator has been installed on your system and is now influencing your browsing experience. In order to remove this unwanted pest from your system, just follow these guidelines:
You can remove Youtube Accelerator automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Youtube Accelerator Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Youtube Accelerator and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Youtube Accelerator or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Youtube Accelerator or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Youtube Accelerator from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Youtube Accelerator and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Youtube Accelerator removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Youtube Accelerator and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Youtube Accelerator removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Youtube Accelerator and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Youtube Accelerator removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Youtube Accelerator or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Youtube Accelerator removal process.
Step 3: Complete Youtube Accelerator removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Youtube Accelerator registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Youtube Accelerator
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.