What is Zoom Downloader?
Zoom Downloader is a potentially unwanted application, which may cause several problems for its users. While in most of occasions you can download it manually from the Internet as a download accelerator, it may also infiltrate your computer without an appropriate permission asked. In this case, it simply enters the system in a bundle with freeware and shareware. That's why you must start monitoring installation of the freeware and forget 'Basic', 'Quick' or 'Recommended' installation. When inside the system, Zoom Downloader may start its activity by altering some of computer's settings. For example: it may drop its own browser add-on on each of your web browsers; it may change your start page or default search engine; it may start slowing each of your web browsers, etc. This is done for getting ability to show continuous pop-up ads. If 'ads by Zoom Downloader', 'Zoom Downloader ads', 'brought to you by Zoom Downloader' and similar notifications have started interrupting you, you should waste no time and scan your computer with the reputable anti-spyware because it's one of the clearest signs showing that your computer has already been hijacked. Unfortunately, it's not the end. It seems that Zoom Downloader may also try to monitor people's browsing habits and may initiate unwanted redirects to affiliate websites. In most of the cases, it collects data, which is related to people's search terms, mostly visited websites, data that they enter when visiting them, etc.
If you want to stop such Zoom Downloader's activity and protect your non-personally identifiable information, you should remove this program from your computer. For that we highly recommend using SpyHunter, which is capable of eliminating all potentially unwanted programs and dangerous applications from the system.
HOW CAN Zoom Downloader hijack my computer?
Zoom Downloader can be downloaded from its official website as a harmless software that offers to add extra features to downloads such as pause, resume and similar. However, there are many PC users, who claim that they haven't downloaded this program to their PCs manually. If you are one of these people, you should know that there are many programs that are distributed in a bundle with freeware and shareware. In order to avoid Zoom Downloader redirects to affiliate websites, annoying ads and other unwanted activities, you should try to avoid its infiltration. For that you should start monitoring installation of every freeware. Please, choose only 'custom' or 'advanced' installation method when downloading programs to your computer. Be sure that you read every sentence, which is given during their installation, and uncheck every unknown statement, such as 'Make XXX my start page', 'Make XXX my default search engine', etc. If you have already downloaded this program to your computer and now you are trying to remove Zoom Downloader virus from the system, follow this detailed guide:
HOW TO REMOVE Zoom Downloader virus?
If you want to remove Zoom Downloader and related adwares/browser hijackers, you should follow these steps. Please, be very careful and perform each of these steps in right order.
You can remove Zoom Downloader automatically with a help of one of these programs: SpyHunter, STOPzilla, Malwarebytes Anti Malware. We recommend these applications because they can easily delete potentially unwanted programs and viruses with all their files and registry entries that are related to them.
Manual Zoom Downloader Removal Guide
Step 1: Uninstall Zoom Downloader and related programsWindows Mac OS X ↷ Step 2
from Windows 7 / Vista / XP systems
- Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
from Windows 10 / Windows 8 systems
- If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. Once Quick Access Menu shows up, select Control Panel and Uninstall a Program.
- Here, look for Zoom Downloader or any other recently installed suspicious programs.
- Uninstall them and click OK to save these changes.
from Mac OS X system
If you are using OS X, click Go button at the top left of the screen and select Applications.
Wait until you see Applications folder and look for Zoom Downloader or any other suspicious programs on it. Now right click on every of such entries and select Move to Trash.
Step 2: Uninstall Zoom Downloader from each of your web browsersInternet Explorer Mozilla Firefox Google Chrome Safari ↷ Step 3
from Internet Explorer (IE)Remove dangerous add-ons
- Open Internet Explorer, click on the Gear icon (IE menu) on the top right corner of the browser and choose Manage Add-ons.
- You will see a Manage Add-ons window. Here, look for Zoom Downloader and other suspicious plugins. Disable these entries by clicking Disable:
- Click on the gear icon (menu) on the top right corner of the browser and select Internet Options. Stay in General tab.
- Here, remove malicious URL and enter preferable domain name. Click Apply to save changes.
- Click on the gear icon (menu) again and select Internet options. Go to Advanced tab.
- Here, select Reset.
- When in the new window, check Delete personal settings and select Reset again to complete Zoom Downloader removal.
from Mozilla Firefox (FF)Remove dangerous extensions
- Open Mozilla Firefox, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Add-ons → Extensions.
- Here, select Zoom Downloader and other questionable plugins. Click Remove to delete these entries.
- Click on the Firefox menu on the top left and click on the question mark. Here, choose Troubleshooting Information.
- Now you will see Reset Firefox to its default state message with Reset Firefox button. Click this button for several times and complete Zoom Downloader removal.
from Google ChromeDelete malicious plugins
- Open Google Chrome, click on the menu icon (top right corner) and select Tools → Extensions.
- Here, select Zoom Downloader and other malicious plugins and select trash icon to delete these entries.
- Click on menu icon again and choose Settings → Manage Search engines under the Search section.
- When in Search Engines..., remove malicious search sites. You should leave only Google or your preferred domain name.
- Click on menu icon on the top right of your Google Chrome and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the end of the page and click on Reset browser settings.
- Click Reset to confirm this action and complete Zoom Downloader removal.
from SafariRemove dangerous extensions
- Open Safari web browser and click on Safari in menu at the top left of the screen. Once you do this, select Preferences.
- Here, select Extentions and look for Zoom Downloader or other suspicious entries. Click on the Uninstall button to get rid each of them.
- Open Safari browser and click on Safari in menu section at the top left of the screen. Here, select Reset Safari....
- Now you will see a detailed dialog window filled with reset options. All of those options are usually checked, but you can specify which of them you want to reset. Click the Reset button to complete Zoom Downloader removal process.
Step 3: Complete Zoom Downloader removal
After uninstalling this potentially unwanted program (PUP) and fixing each of your web browsers, we recommend you to scan your PC system with a reputable anti-spyware. This will help you to get rid of Zoom Downloader registry traces and will also identify related parasites or possible malware infections on your computer. For that you can use our top-rated malware remover: SpyHunter, STOPzilla or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
If this free removal guide helped you and you are satisfied with our service, please consider making a donation to keep this service alive. Even a smallest amount will be appreciated.
Geolocation of Zoom Downloader
Removal guides in other languages
Post a comment
Attention: Use this form only if you have additional information about a parasite, its removal instructions, additional resources or behavior. By clicking "post comment" button you agree not to post any copyrighted, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind.