What is Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014?
Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 is a malicious program that should never be trusted. No matter that its name suggests that this is a program that could be used for avoiding viruses and other unsafe programs, you should ignore its alerts. We say so because Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 is a fake antivirus that is used only for stealing people's money. This is done by making them believe that their computers are infected with hundreds of different viruses and then offering them to purchase 'licensed' version. Of course, this 'licensed' version is fake and should never be purchased. Otherwise, you can not only lose your money. You can also be tricked into revealing your personally identifiable information, such as your full name, address, credit card details and other information. If you have already been tricked into downloading Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 virus and purchasing its licensed version, you should follow a guide below and remove this cyber infection. Also, try to contact your credit card company in order to protect your personally identifiable information, money and avoid bigger problems. In order to get rid of Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 for good, we recommend using Reimage.
How can Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 infect my computer?
As you may have already understood, Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 virus is used to infect only Windows Vista OS. However, if you are using other Windows versions, you shouldn't feel safe because there are lots of similar versions of this threat that have been used to infect other OS. For example: Zorton XP Protection 2014, Zorton Win 8 Antivirus 2014, Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014, etc. If you want to avoid these viruses, you should know that they are spread using different techniques. Of course, the easiest way to protect yourself from these threats is to install reputable anti-spyware on your computer. However, you should also keep in mind that you should try to avoid fake alerts offering you to download updates for Java or Flash Player, or similar programs. In addition, you may also be offered to check your computer with the 'free' scanner, which is nothing else but a file trying to infect your computer with Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 virus. Finally, we highly recommend you to ignore suspicious emails because they can also infect your PC with this dangerous program. If you think that you have already been tricked into downloading this or similar rogue anti-spyware, you should ignore its alerts that are mostly reporting about such viruses and other PC-related issues:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
Zorton Win 8 Antivirus 2014 has blocked a program from accessing the Internet. This program is infected with Trojan-BNK.Win32.Keylogger.gen. Private data can be stolen by third parties, including credit card details and passwords.
How to remove Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 virus?
Zorton Vista Antivirus 2014 is a totally misleading program that is capable of displaying only fake scanners and alerts. In order to remove it, you should select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION and fix your computer right away. We recommend selecting this option because it requires downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Zorton Vista Protection 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Zorton Vista Protection 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: http://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.