What is Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014?
Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 is a malicious program, which belongs to rogue anti-spywares. Similarly to Sirius and Rango multi name rogues, it seems that Zorton group of viruses seeks the only thing – steal people's money. This is done by showing them fake system scanners and then informing them about tens of invented viruses. Of course, after that they are offered to buy a fake licensed version. You should never believe such alerts and make this payment because you can easily be tricked into downloading another virus to your computer. If Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 trialware is bothering you, you should ignore its alerts because they are forged. In most of the cases, such alerts are set to report about either legitimate files or invented viruses that have nothing to do with victim's computer. So, you should never fall for such notifications and remove 'viruses' that were reported by it yourself. You should also never purchase Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 license because you can not only lose your money. By purchasing this rogue you can also reveal your credit card details and other personally identifiable information to scammers. If you don't want to throw your money away, you should follow a guide below and remove this rogue from the system. The easiest way to get rid of Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 virus is to run a full system scan with Reimage.
How can Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 infect my computer?
Just like any other rogue, this dangerous application can be installed on the system without any permission asked. For that, scammers have been using various techniques. The mostly spread of them relies on fake alerts that report about missing updates. Such alerts may inform you that you need to update your Flash Player, FLV Player and similar programs. Of course, they are misleading and useless. In addition, you can be tricked into downloading Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 to your computer after clicking on advertisement that offers you to check your computer for free with a free scanner. If you want to avoid viruses and other potentially unwanted programs, you should always stay away from such offers because there is no such thing as 'free scanner'. The easiest way to tell if someone's computer has already been affected by this rogue is these notifications:
System security threat was detected. Viruses and/or spyware may be damaging your system now. Prevent infection and data loss or stealing by running a free security scan.
If they are bothering you, you should follow a guide below and remove Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 virus from your computer. No matter how trustworthy-looking ads it displays, they are used for the only thing – tricking PC users into spending their money on this fake anti-spyware.
How to remove Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 virus?
Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 is just another version of rogue anti-spyware that belongs to Braviax/FakeRean family of malwares. If you have been suffering from its alerts, you should get rid of it as soon as possible. We recommend people to select AUTOMATIC REMOVAL OPTION that requires only downloading a reputable anti-spyware, updating it and running a full system scan. If you need a detailed guide explaining how to do that, read this guide. When trying to remove Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014, our recommended programs are Reimage and Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus because they can easily detect every hidden component that belongs to this and other cyber threats.
ATTENTION! As we have already mentioned previously, Zorton Win 7 Antivirus 2014 may try to block installation and activity of legitimate security programs, including SpyHunter and StopZilla. If you can't download or launch any them, try these options:
1. USING SYSTEM RESTORE TO DISABLE VIRUS:
- Click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore.
- As soon as Restore system files and settings window shows up, select Next.
- Choose the restore point that you want and click Next .
- Click Finish to confirm and wait until your PC reboots.
- Now download Reimage and run a full system scan after updating it.
2. REBOOTING TO SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING:
- Restart your computer
- As soon as your computer becomes active, start pressing the F8 key continuously until you see Advanced Boot Options screen.
- Here, select Safe Mode with Networking (for that, use the arrow keys) and then hit Enter.
- Login as the same user as you were in normal Windows mode
- Now right click on IE or other browser's icon and select Run As or Run As administrator. Enter your Administrator account password (if needed).
- Enter this link to your address bar: http://www.2-spyware.com/download/hunter.exe and download a program on your desktop. Launch it to remove malicious files.
3. CREATING GUEST ACCOUNT FOR SCANNING COMPUTER:
If you have another user (guest) account, you can try to run a full system scan from it. You just need to log into it and download Reimage for a full system scan. You can activate your guest account with a help of these steps:
- Click Start -> Control Panel and select User Accounts and Family Safety.
- After a new window shows up, click on Add or Remove User Accounts -> Guest Account.
- Now click on Turn On button and restart your computer
- Now wait until you see Windows log on screen and select Guest account for downloading recommended anti-spyware.
4. USING ANOTHER PC FOR DOWNLOADING ANTI-SPYWARE:
- Take another computer that is not infected by this virus and download Reimage or Plumbytes Anti-MalwareWebroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus to it.
- After completing the procedure, transfer this anti-malware to the CD/DVD, external drive, or USB flash drive.
- In the meanwhile, kill malicious processes on your infected computer. For that you can use this tutorial.
- Stick the device you used for transferring anti-spyware program to your infected PC and launch it.